Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pregnant and need help on Parents Visa

Hi,

I am 5 monts pregnant and want to invite my parents in January 2015. Their B2 Visas were rejected twice in Sept 2011 and Jan 2012 under section 214B. My husband sponsored their visa the first time as I was on OPT and I sponsored the second time after I got a job. I am on H1B right now.
    They were not asked many questions or looked at any sponsorship documents that we provided. I have an elder married brother in India and living with my parents. My father is 75 years old and my mother is 65 years old. My father is retired and my mom has been a housewife. They have a house and the total savings on their name is around 6 lakhs. How much savings do you need to visit US? Can we try self sponsored Visa this time instead of me sponsoring. The major change since the last interview is that my brother has an 18 month old son. We are very confused and do not have enough time if their visa gets rejected this time around. I am hesitant to sponsor again as that might be the reason for rejection again and also worried that if we try self sponsorship then not enough funding might be a cause of rejection.

Any suggestions will be higly appreciated.

Thank you!

Sponsorship from US is very commonly successful for parents . So , I do not think that is the reason for denial. They have strong family ties in India
    as your brother, so I am wondering what the reason for denial could be.

It has been some time , but can they recall the last 2 interviews? What was the purpose and duration they mentioned the last 2 times?

Comment

Thank you for response. My parents were not asked any particular questions with respect to their ties in India. The interview did not last that long and only few questions were asked. I am going to sponsor their visa again and try our luck.

Have you ever traveled out of India in past 5 years? Answer: No
      Whom are you visiting in US? Answer: daughter

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X