Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DS160 for B2 visa, doubt in US Contact and immediate relative in US fields.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS160 for B2 visa, doubt in US Contact and immediate relative in US fields.

Hi All,
    I have a query on DS160 form filling. I will be travelling on B2 visa and join my DH who is on B1 visa. At the time of (my) visa interview he will be in india,but he will travel before me. In this situation what should I fill for US Contact and Immediate relative in US? Since at the time of my travel he will be my US contact, but at the time of interview he is in india. Can any one please give suggestions?

DH stands for ?

If it is husband, then you must apply stating that you will be accompanying him during his B1 visit.
    And his business contact in US will be your contact for the DS160 form.
    Immediate relative -- none. As he will be in India at the time of your application.

Comment

Thank you for the reply, yes DH stands for husband.
      I will not be travelling with him, I will be travelling on a later date.Still should I mention I will be accompanying him and if so where?

Comment

at the time of application your husband will be in India. so regardless of when you will travel , you won't have any imm. relative in US at the time of your appl.
        As for the contact, you can write " husband's business contact ----xxxx"
        even if you will tell them you will travel later.

Contact is a secondary issue. Main thing is what you write as the purpose-- " joining husband traveling on B1"

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X