Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• port of entry

Dear Friends,

I wanted my parents to live here with me for 6 months.
    How can we make sure that at the port of entry the stay is granted for at least 6 months.

1)What questions can they expect by the officer and what all docs are required at the port of entry.
    2)Do they also need to carry the sponsor documents which I had sent them for the visa interview.
    4)Please give me tips on how to manage to get the 6 months stay?
    4)Do we need to book the return ticket in advance? also do we need to take the medical coverage of at least 6 months in advance? and present these docs to the immigration officer at the port of entry?

When your parents arrive, they should ask or 6 months and be prepared to explain why they need six momths.

You do not need proof of medical insurance when they arrive, but it is a good idea to get temporary medical insurance for them while here.

They must have return or forwarding tickets when boarding or arriving at the POE.

--Ray B

Originally posted by americandesimd View Post
    Dear Friends,

How can we make sure that at the port of entry the stay is granted for at least 6 months.

1)What questions can they expect by the officer and what all docs are required at the port of entry.
    2)Do they also need to carry the sponsor documents which I had sent them for the visa interview.
    4)Do we need to book the return ticket in advance? also do we need to take the medical coverage of at least 6 months in advance? and present these docs to the immigration officer at the port of entry?

Comment

Originally posted by americandesimd View Post
      Dear Friends,

1. For a first time visitor, the normal questions asked are
      a. Why did you come to USA?
      b. With whom will you be staying?
      c. How long will you be staying?
      Based on the answers normally a 6 months stay is granted.
      They do not need any documents to carry but need to have your address and contact no. Nothing prevents you from sending your legal status in USA.
      2. same as above
      3.To tell the Immigration officer that they want to spend quality time with you and some tourism
      4. Yes. Some time IO asks to show return ticket. Medical coverage is good when they are in USA but IO does not ask for it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X