Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor visa for my parents

Hi

I am applying the tourist visa for my parents. Actually I and my brother are here in US. My brother came to US before 5 years in H1B and I came by 2012 with L1B. My visa will be expired by 2016. Visa interview for my parents scheduled on 10/30/2014 in chennai, India.
    During the interview, if they ask who is going to sponsor the interview - do they need to tel my name as they had given my name as the primary and my brother name in the other relative field.
    Also "where will you stay in US" - how to answer this question. Do they need to tell that they will stay in both the places or only the address which was given in the DS-160.
    I am little bit confused at the last moment now. In the DS-160 i have given my details in the address and gave the bank verification letter, pay slips and W2 of mine. If they tel about my brother, do they ask all these documents of my brother too. Kindly advise.

Thanks
    Ramesh

mention of relatives in the form ;
    both the brothers are "immediate relatives "of parents ( there is no primary relative as you mentioned) and both should be mentioned in that field.
    In the other relative field mention only yes or no. Yes if parents have cousins, nephew , nieces etc.

about who is going to sponsor is shown by the question " who is paying for the trip" in the form. What did you mention there ?
    The same should be answered at the interview if that question is asked .

where will you stay; just write the name and address of whoever is sponsoring( paying for the trip). It does not matter if the visit other places after they
    get the visa. it is allowed.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. I will update my parents accordingly.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X