need some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some advice

Hi everyone, I'll need as much advice as possible, I just got custody of my son and he's back in Africa he's 4 years old, am trying to bring him to the US to stay with me and he stepdad but I don't know how am a green card holder by marriage to a citizen and I just got mine in January, I don't have a job cis my husband don't want me to work for now he has a good job and good income too. My ex husband tried to get my son a visa but he was deny cis he couldn't provide the original birth certificate and my sons Chinese passport at the interveiw am originally from Africa and my son was born in Africa before he became a Chinese citizen through he's dad but now he' has African passport now and that's what they used when applying for the U.S. Visa. I'll like to know if I can take him to the embassy myself since am with him in Africa now and fill in my green card information that he'll be traveling with me for Xmas holiday. I need your advice since I don't have a job and he's dad and stepdad are both ready to sponsors he's trip . Thanks

You're going about this in a way that is guaranteed to present obstacles. If your new husband is a U.S. citizen, he should petition your son, and your son will have an immigrant visa in about 9 months.

--Ray B

Originally posted by ramz View Post
    Hi everyone, I'll need as much advice as possible, I just got custody of my son and he's back in Africa he's 4 years old, am trying to bring him to the US to stay with me and he stepdad but I don't know how am a green card holder by marriage to a citizen and I just got mine in January, I don't have a job cis my husband don't want me to work for now he has a good job and good income too. My ex husband tried to get my son a visa but he was deny cis he couldn't provide the original birth certificate and my sons Chinese passport at the interveiw am originally from Africa and my son was born in Africa before he became a Chinese citizen through he's dad but now he' has African passport now and that's what they used when applying for the U.S. Visa. I'll like to know if I can take him to the embassy myself since am with him in Africa now and fill in my green card information that he'll be traveling with me for Xmas holiday. I need your advice since I don't have a job and he's dad and stepdad are both ready to sponsors he's trip . Thanks

Comment

need some advice

Hello Rayb I thought about that but my hubby wants me to try the visa if it doesn't work out then we can file in January, he just wanted him to have one so he can travel with US back and forth since he works in Africa and he's there 6 weeks and rotate to the US eight weeks he doesn't want my son to have 2 years green card like me am just tired don't know which way to go

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X