Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport collection service

All.

We've an appointment for my mother on 6th december in the morning at chennai consulate. Assuming that visa is granted, is there a way by which she can collect the visa at consulate itself? If not, how many days will take it for the courier to reach Hyderabad?

Thanks in advance
    Balu

For reject people, passport is given back right away.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Rush service

Has anyone used the rush service for collecting the passport at the consulate

Comment

I think you should have a valid reason to collect your passport on the same day. But if they send it by courier I think to the maximum it takes 3 or 4 days. Hope this helps

Comment

Hi!

Hi!
          I had been there for renewal and due to other complications had to go to the Consulate again. So then I had been to teh Consulate on 15th morning and had my tickets back fo rthe 17th. I requested them a lot inspite of which they did not agree. They do not give you your passport. YOu need to request them to make sure that they send it out the same day. I then recieved on 16th and started back on 17th morning!

Since hers is a visitor visa, have her tickets BLOCKED for a week or so after the interview date and then the moment her interview is doen you can confirm the tickets. Best to have a week buffer in case of weekends and holidays.

Comment

hi,
            my in-laws got visa on 11/22, but till now they didn't get passport...
            in gen howmnay days it will take to send to a town in andhrapradesh? what might be the reason for delay...we have a purched tkt for 30 nov.

Comment

Hi!

Hi!
              I guess the delay is due to the holiday inbetween (Thanksgiving). So they have had only two working days in between. I think you should be able to get the passports on Monday or more likely Tuesday.

My parents had attended their interview on 3rd (after which there was a long weekend). Until 7th/8th the passport was at the Chennai Consulate itself and was delivered to them on the 9th. They had booked their appt through TTS so they calling their office they could get the information (on atleast where the passport was) and estimated arrival. May be you can call the VFS or TTS office whichever you booked your appt through.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X