Visa Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa Experience

Today I got my visa on my first try and i just wanted to thank all of you for sharing experiences which helped me get to know this process better. i am going to explain with you guys what it was like for me and my situation.

I am a 21 year old male, single, student, have traveled to 3 different countries overseas (no visas required) from my country here in south america. My aunt who lives here in my native country with me is the one paying for my trip. Why? simply because she offered it.

What I wore to the interview: A nice polo jacket, a sweater over a button up, levi's jeans and desert boots.

The process was a little long and it made me slightly nervous about the situation the longer i stayed there. On the line to get interviewed i would see plenty of people get denied as well as approved. As soon as i got up to get interviewed i completely became numb to the nervousness and got into a serious mode.

VO: REASON FOR TRIP?
    ME: TOURISM

VO: WHERE ARE YOU GOING?
    ME: CALIFORNIA

VO: DO YOU HAVE FAMILY IN THE UNITED STATES
    ME: (ALTHOUGH I'M NOT SURE IF I DO OR NOT I'VE HEARD ITS ALWAYS BETTER TO SAY NO) I ANSWERED NO.

VO: WHAT DO YOU DO?
    ME: STUDENT

VO: WHERE DO YOU STUDY
    ME: PRIVATE UNIVERSITY **** **** *

VO:WHAT DO YOU STUDY?
    ME: CIVIL ENGINEERING

VO: WHERE DO YOUR PARENTS WORK
    ME: **** **** *

VO: HOW LONG?
    ME: NOT EXACTLY SURE

VO: WHERE DO YOU LIVE
    ME: (UPPER MIDDLE CLASS/LOWER UPPERCLASS NEIGHBORHOOD HERE) GAVE ADDRESS

VO: YOUR VISA HAS BEEN APPROVED
    ME: THANK YOU

*my parents do not have visas
    i had every document showing my aunts affluence here in my country and all of the copies of her families visas showing who i was going to travel with, i had my school certificate showing i am a full time student, my paid semester (roughly around 4000 dollars), and my car registration, but they did not check any of it. absolutely no paper work. just those questions asked. they did not ask anything about my aunt, who was the one paying for my trip. not sure if i got lucky or not but i feel like a lot has to do with presence. again thank you all for helping me out

Congratulations!
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X