Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 Visitor Visa

Hi,

My mother will be applying for a tourist visa soon. She lives in Pakistan and would like to visit her sister in US. Her sister lives in US along with her family and is a US citizen. I was wondering if you could please provide me some guidance to increase her chances for a tourist visa. Some relevant details are as follows:

1. My mother is employed at Pakistan Broadcasting Corporation (Radio Pakistan) for almost 40 years. She is an artist there and has a job letter issued by Station Director. Her salary is not fixed and varies each month depending on number of projects she is involved with. She is able to produce monthly official employment contracts for last six months to prove her remuneration. Those contracts are worth ~ 10,000/month.
    2. Her sources of income include: salary, pension (late husband's), and funds i send her each month (>$1000/month)
    3. Her bank statement for last one year has been >$12,000 for US Dollar account.
    4. My mother owns a house
    5. 3 of my mother's sisters live in Pakistan. Among remaining 2, one lives in Canada and another in US.
    6. My mother is a widow. Our immediate family includes only me and my mother. I live in Calgary (Canadian PR) at the moment, where I work. My father passed away 26 years ago so my mum is not a recent widow.
    7. Invitation letter by her sister
    8. Reason for visit: "to spend vacations in US with sister". She could also mention that her son might visit her in US. Although, I am not sure if it would be a good idea to mention my plans to visit her in states. I already have a US visa and have visited US several times over last 4 years.
    9. My mother's only international trip has been visit to Saudi Arabia with me to perform Umrah in Jan 2014.

Some of the information above might be irrelevant, but I would appreciate your views about her chances. In addition, I have a couple of questions..
    a) What should i state as my mother's salary i.e. 10,000 or 17,000 in the form.
    b) In addition, her employment letter includes job description, excellent performance and that she is free to rejoin service after her vacation in US/Canada. It does not state a salary as she is an artist and not a salaried employee. I am worried that visa officer might reject her application due to low salary without even looking at her balance sheet statements. I could put myself down as the sponsor of her trip on application. But through various forums, I have realized that it is better if she finances her trip on paper.
    c) My mother mostly lives alone. But two of her sisters live close-by and one of her nephews sleeps over. If visa office ask her as to who does she lives with ...what should she answer ?. She could answer: alone, with nephew or younger sister's family.
    d) Another thing, she might be asked as to whether she will be travelling alone or with someone ? She could suggest alone or say that her son will travel first to Pakistan and later travel with her to US.

I am really confused at the moment and would appreciate your guidance.

B2 Visitor Visa

She should probably just take the sponsorship from her sister in US to apply for the interview. She has a house, job, strong family ties in Pakistan so intention to visit US as a tourist seems fine.

Even my mother applied for a tourist visa for US but the counsellor didn't even look at a single document and still approved the visa. Same was the case with me. Perhaps they do it because of their experience. One just has to be genuine. She doesn't have to lie. She should still carry all documents.

Best wishes and let us know
    Regards

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X