Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scheduling Visitor visa interview doubt when applying for family

Hi,

I am applying for my mom, dad and sister's B2 visa. I have filled the DS-160 form (not submitted yet). I have few questions before I make appointment. Please help.

1. I will book the tickets of my family once visa is approved so in the DS-160 form I did not mentioned that we have specific travel plan and selected tentative plan and provided tentative dates. Is that OK?

2. After I will submit the DS-160 form, I need to make payment for 3 applications (mom/dad/sis) and take appointment. While going through some of previously asked questions on this web site, I got a link to US gov website where we need to create an account first for making payment and scheduling appointments.

My question here is since I need to make 3 payments for my family so do I NEED TO TAKE 3 appointments separately? I think after I make payment, I need to click on schedule appointment for that application. How is it possible to have 3 of them go for interview together?
    2.1 If I take only appointment then how to relate the other two applicant with that appointments?
    2.2 If I take 3 appointments then will they be able to go together for interview on same date/time?

3. How long we can wait "after submitting DS-160 form and before making payment/appointment" AND "after making payment and before scheduling appointment?"
    Last edited by Mksharma; 11-30-2014, 07:38 PM. Reason: forgot to ask before

Hello, Mksharma.

Family Interviews

Parents and children schedule appointments together, even if they plan to travel separately. Each family member needs a DS-160 application barcode and fee receipt, and each family member needs appointment.

If children are applying, both parents should interview with the child. If one parent cannot attend, please bring a no objection letter from the absent parent.

If your children are not applying for visas, please do not bring them to the Embassy unless absolutely necessary. There is limited space in the waiting room and the added noise makes it difficult for other applicants to hear properly during their interviews.

Cheers,

Originally posted by Mksharma View Post
    Hi,

I am applying for my mom, dad and sister's B2 visa. I have filled the DS-160 form (not submitted yet). I have few questions before I make appointment. Please help.

1. I will book the tickets of my family once visa is approved so in the DS-160 form I did not mentioned that we have specific travel plan and selected tentative plan and provided tentative dates. Is that OK?

2. After I will submit the DS-160 form, I need to make payment for 3 applications (mom/dad/sis) and take appointment. While going through some of previously asked questions on this web site, I got a link to US gov website where we need to create an account first for making payment and scheduling appointments.

My question here is since I need to make 3 payments for my family so do I NEED TO TAKE 3 appointments separately? I think after I make payment, I need to click on schedule appointment for that application. How is it possible to have 3 of them go for interview together?
    2.1 If I take only appointment then how to relate the other two applicant with that appointments?
    2.2 If I take 3 appointments then will they be able to go together for interview on same date/time?

3. How long we can wait "after submitting DS-160 form and before making payment/appointment" AND "after making payment and before scheduling appointment?"
    Last edited by samlynn; 12-05-2014, 05:04 PM.
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Nattybone View Post
      Hello, Mksharma.

Family Interviews

Parents and children schedule appointments together, even if they plan to travel separately. Each family member needs a DS-160 application barcode and fee receipt, and each family member needs appointment.

If children are applying, both parents should interview with the child. If one parent cannot attend, please bring a no objection letter from the absent parent.

If your children are not applying for visas, please do not bring them to the Embassy unless absolutely necessary. There is limited space in the waiting room and the added noise makes it difficult for other applicants to hear properly during their interviews.

Cheers,
      Thanks Dear,
      I followed the steps and now I got one more question. I created one profile and mentioned other 2 applicants in that as dependents and given their DS-160 numbers in there. Now while making payment, system asked me to make payment of 29760 INR and gave me one 'unique account number'. My question here is if I make full payment of 29760 INR in one transection through 'NEFT' then I will get only 1 receipt number where as I need to mention 3 receipt numbers (for each applicants). So should I make 3 payments with 9920 INR each and note down the numbers and mention those for respective members or mention the same receipt number which I would get for making full payment for each applicant?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X