Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Info on visitors visa sponsorship

Hi,
    I moved to the US in April of this year. I am planning to bring my mom over around mid of next year. I wanted to get some info on the sponsorship. I can sponsor her, but I believe I need to have a bank balance of atleast $5000, which in my case isnt possible as my stay has been only for a period of around 8 months till now. The second option is for my mom to show that she is sponsoring herself. How much bank balance and/or assets does she need to show so that she is eligible to show that she is sponsoring herself? She has a real estate in her name and also FDs. Also, she is receiving pension on behalf of my dad who passed away in 2012. I need this info so that I can start her visa processing. Please be sure of the amount so that I can reduce her chance of getting her visa application rejected because of this. Looking forward for a help from another Forum member.

Thanx,
    Subrajit

hi subrajit,

First, for b1b2 visa any sponsorship is not required. As far as the assets are concerned, give supporting document of actual assets, DS 160 form will not have any place where you can mention assets, if she has any regular income you will be able to mention that.

your bigger problem is going to be on how to prove that she will return to India..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X