No announcement yet.

sponsor documents- where do I send it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sponsor documents- where do I send it?

I need some clarification regarding all the documents that I need to send for sponsoring my parents visit.
    I want to know if they have to be sent to the consulate office or the person whom I sponsor have to take them during interview?
    And secondly, if I do not wish the persons whom I am sponsoring to look at all the details of my financial documents due to some personal reasons, what options do I have?
    Thank you in advance.

1. You have to send the documents to the applicant. Do NOT send them to the consulate.

2. There is no way hide the details. If you are not comfortable, only option is not to sponsor them.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Hi!

Hi!
      need to send the documents to the applicant

there is no way you could hide the documents from the applicant as he/she need to carry it with them. YOu can't seal the documents and send as at the Consulate(Chennai for sure, not sure how it is at other consulates) they do not allow any sealed covers.

Comment

It is not needed that you need to expose all your financial information.
        Usually if you have an account balance of 30k it is considered to be good enough to sponsor a visa.
        So my suggestion is to keep those several millions of dollars of yours (just kidding) in a seperate account and keep 30 to 50K in a different account and produce that statement and an account verification letter for that account alone. That should solve your problem.

Comment

Thanks

Thank you guys for your info.
          It is not that I have millions of dollar that I need to hide.
          It is just that we live in the most expensive area of usa and our 30K balance when converted in rupees will sound big to some in my family. I just did not want to give false impression.

Comment

That is a problem something that everyone of us have to deal with.

When I went to India last time, some neighbor told me that even if I make "ONLY $10,000" a month that is something like Rs. 5,00,000 a month.

Then, I said that may be true. However, I will need to pay Rs. 2,00,000 in income taxes every month. Pay Rs. 1,50,000 in mortgage payment every month and so on. He realized then what was going on.
            Immihelp Support
            No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

You can have financial privacy if you really need one

After emailing MUMBAI consulate office we sent our tax returns in sealed envelope and that was fine with them.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X