Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponsorship for Mother

Hi,

I am on H1B and so is my husband (but his green card process has started). I want to invite my mother to visit me in US. I have lived here for 6 years. My parents are separated (not legally), not divorced (no court case going on) and my mother does not get any financial help from my father. She has 3 children who are supporting her. My brother who is in India, my sister who is in Sweden and me who is in US. She is not working and has no other income. My mother is living with her parents and taking care of them and she and her sister will inherit their parents property (multiples of crores worth) after her parents.
    I have about $1000 in my account right now for her ticket money and my husband has about $5000 in savings, so I want to show him as the sponsor. But will the fact that she is his mother in law and not mother make a difference? We both make about $70k per year, but I don't have much money to show in savings.
    Who should I show as sponsor- husband or me? Can I show sponsorship papers from both? I read somewhere that I can show a combined income. In the DS-160 form whose name should I write as to who will be paying for the trip? And what aspects do we need to emphasize on to help her get the US visitor visa?

Thanks for all the help!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X