Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 visitor visa for parents

Hello all.

I am sponser in my parents visit or visa from India to usa.
    but in my passport my mother's name is XY and her passport has YX.. basically my passport has incorrect name.

Should She get affidavit saying XY and YX is her name only. Also in DS 160 do I need to mention that she has known by two different names.. ???
    she is working and her all official document has her name YX.
    Or I do not need to mention two different name in DS 160.

Please answer.

Thanks
    PV

Originally posted by PV_DEV View Post
    Hello all.

I am sponser in my parents visit or visa from India to usa.
    but in my passport my mother's name is XY and her passport has YX.. basically my passport has incorrect name.

Should She get affidavit saying XY and YX is her name only. Also in DS 160 do I need to mention that she has known by two different names.. ???
    she is working and her all official document has her name YX.
    Or I do not need to mention two different name in DS 160.

Please answer.

Thanks
    PV
    Dear PV,

Please note that the U.S non-immigrant B2 visa is not a sponsor based visa.

Secondly, the name of applicant in DS-160 to be mentioned according to her Passport.

Last but not least; To qualify for a tourist visa B1/B2 your mother must demonstrate that she has ties to a foreign residence. Ties are the aspects of your life that bind you to your place of residence, including family relationships, employment and possessions. Strong ties vary from country to country, city to city, and person to person, but examples include your mother's job, her home; and/or her relationships with family and friends. As each person’s situation is different, there is no set answer as to what constitutes adequate ties. While conducting visa interviews, consular officers look at each application individually and consider the applicant's circumstances, travel plans, financial resources, and ties outside of the United States that will ensure the applicant’s departure after a temporary visit from the United States.

Good Luck

Comment

Hashoo
      Thanks for response. I am aware of those conditions and she is govtt employee and has enough bond in India.

The only problem statement is- my passport has her name as XY (which is in correct) and her passport has her correct name YX . Precautionary my mother did get her name affidavit done saying XY and YX is her name only.

So my question is in DS 160 for her should I be choosing option that she has known by other names and put XY as well?

Any guidance will be helpful from any one.
      My parents are planning to visit USA.
      Thanks
      Priyanka

Comment

As per my view, you should not mention in DS 160 that your mother has two names as she has only one name that is YX and XY is only printed by mistake in your passport for that your affidavit is sufficient. To avoid all these problems, you may correct it on the renewal of your passport.

This is my opinion, not a legal advice.

Comment

Thanks. Affidavit has to be from my side or my mother has to get an affidavit saying XY and YX are her name only.

Comment

Originally posted by PV_DEV View Post
            Hashoo
            Thanks for response. I am aware of those conditions and she is govtt employee and has enough bond in India.

The only problem statement is- my passport has her name as XY (which is in correct) and her passport has her correct name YX . Precautionary my mother did get her name affidavit done saying XY and YX is her name only.

So my question is in DS 160 for her should I be choosing option that she has known by other names and put XY as well?

Any guidance will be helpful from any one.
            My parents are planning to visit USA.
            Thanks
            Priyanka
            For international traveling, there is only one document is considered which is your Passport. The passport issuing authority is your government. As you said she has her passport with correct name. Therefore, you must fill out the DS-160 form according to name and order mentioned on her passport. This is a thumb rule and you will have to follow it.

If this is a B2, Non-immigration visa application then rest assured that there is no connection of her passport with your passport because you still under impression that you are going to sponsor her visit. No my dear it is not happen for B2 tourist visa interview. B2 visa can be issued totally upon your mother's particulars and qualifications regardless of some one is sponsoring or not. Yes, she can tell to the consular officer about the adequate funds requirements while staying in the United States, and there will be some basic questions asked about your job, salary, company name where you work etc.

If you are going to apply for immigration visa under an approved petition then your mother can show an affidavit when asked.

I hope it will resolve your confusion.

Comment

True!
              B visas are issued based on individual credentials. But, one should demonstrate that the person is having good ties to home country, good income and other positive factors.

Sometimes, VOs won't ask for the clarification and right away rejects. It is our duty yo take care of all the things. Particularly, when you have found the mistake, you have to provide sufficient evidence to prove that your version is correct.

Because surely VO ask for purpose of visit. Then they'll tell that they are visiting you. Then VO asks for your passport. I am not saying that surely they questions about the mistake but nothing wrong, carrying a document which supports your words.

Comment

Originally posted by Ideal sol View Post
                True!
                B visas are issued based on individual credentials. But, one should demonstrate that the person is having good ties to home country, good income and other positive factors.

Sometimes, VOs won't ask for the clarification and right away rejects. It is our duty yo take care of all the things. Particularly, when you have found the mistake, you have to provide sufficient evidence to prove that your version is correct.

Because surely VO ask for purpose of visit. Then they'll tell that they are visiting you. Then VO asks for your passport. I am not saying that surely they questions about the mistake but nothing wrong, carrying a document which supports your words.

For public awareness, I am going to mention the fundamental rules to reject a visitor visa hereafter;

In determining whether visa applicants are entitled to temporary visitor classification, the consular officer must assess whether the applicants:

(a) Have a residence in a foreign country, which they do not intend to abandon;
                (b) Intend to enter the United States for a period of specifically limited duration; and
                (c) Seek admission for the sole purpose of engaging in legitimate activities relating to business or pleasure.

If an applicant for a B1/B2 visa fails to meet one or more of the above criteria, the consular officer must refuse the applicant under section 214(b) of the INA.

Furthermore, there are many approved cases I know, wherein no documentary evidence was even asked to show. The DS-160 application form coupled with a short interview is sufficient to make a decision.

I hope this will help to resolve the common confusion and misunderstandings.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X