Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency-need Visitor's Visa Asap

Hey Guys,
    I really need your input on this. My dad recently passed away. My mom is all by herself in India. I have just joined a new job and my company just won't give me any off at any cost. I was thinking of some way in which I can get my mother here (really quickly), within 15-20 days on a visitor's visa. She is so depressed I think that she will probably not do well on her own.PLEASE ANYONE WHO KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT THIS , PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP. ALSO I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT IS INVOLVED IN THE PROCESS OF GETTING THE VISA.
    THANKS FOR YOUR HELP,Bill

Originally posted by bill
    Hey Guys,
    I really need your input on this. My dad recently passed away. My mom is all by herself in India. I have just joined a new job and my company just won't give me any off at any cost. I was thinking of some way in which I can get my mother here (really quickly), within 15-20 days on a visitor's visa. She is so depressed I think that she will probably not do well on her own.PLEASE ANYONE WHO KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT THIS , PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP. ALSO I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT IS INVOLVED IN THE PROCESS OF GETTING THE VISA.
    THANKS FOR YOUR HELP,Bill
    Hello Bill,
    You know the most important issue that consulars look for to grant a visitor
    visa is ties to home country that will compel him/her to return home after the visit.Such ties mainly are, a stable well paying occupation(job or a business) and/or family ties (husband/wife, unmarried children) in India. So, it usually gets hard for widows (especially housewives living alone at home country) to get a visitor visa.
    In your mom's case, she may be denied the visa on the suspicion of settling down with you since she just lost her husband and has no other compelling
    ties to India.

Depending on her age and education and your visa status, you may
    want to consider other visa options for her.
    Last edited by taco; 12-03-2005, 05:31 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X