Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visa stamping with a different surname!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa stamping with a different surname!!!

Hi All,

First I would like to thank this forum and immihelp.com for the guidance. My parets have secured a 10-year visitor visa for themselves......all with your vaulable inputs.

They were not asked many questions.
    just the routine questions about who is sponsering, how much property they have and how many kids they etc. It was a piece of cake.

Now coming to the problem,
    They recently recieved the passport with the stamping, it turned out they stamped my mom's visa with her husbands surname, while her passport has her maiden surname!!!!!!

is this a proelm, as the surnames are different in the passport aand visa????

Do we have to send the passports to the consulate for changing the name??

Thanks for your help.

schaitu

Hi!

Hi!
    I would always like ot have all documents with the same names. If you don't have the visa issued in the same name as in the passport inspite of you applying for the same (in DS 156) then you can use their drop box and get it corrected it is no big hazzle.

My mom's visa said First name FNU and Surname as her entire name(many say it's fine to travel with it) However we used the drop box facility and got it corrected. One of my friend's mom had her name spelled wrong, they used the drop box too for correction. It takes abt a week maximum.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X