Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should my parents and brother go for visitor visa seperately

Hi
    I am sponsoring my parents and my brother (25 yrs) for visit.
    I am permenant resident and this is my first time sponsoring them.
    They are going to attend my phd graduation ceremony.
    Several people indicated that if all of them go at once for visa it is unlikely they will get one. They suggested my brother should go seperately.
    Does any one have any experience with this.
    Your suggestions and comments are welcome.
    thank you

Originally posted by sachida
    Hi
    I am sponsoring my parents and my brother (25 yrs) for visit.
    I am permenant resident and this is my first time sponsoring them.
    They are going to attend my phd graduation ceremony.
    Several people indicated that if all of them go at once for visa it is unlikely they will get one. They suggested my brother should go seperately.
    Does any one have any experience with this.
    Your suggestions and comments are welcome.
    thank you
    I strongly suggest you leave your brother out. Anyway, young and single(I am assuming he is single) people going on a casual visit(your ceremony)
    are unlikely to get a visitor visa, even if he applied alone.
    So, he may spoil your parent's chances as well.
    On the other hand if your parents applied without him, he will act as a family tie for your parents to come back to.

Comment

That does not matter. Whether they go together or separate, each applicant is looked at indendepently.
      Immihelp Support
      No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

I agree with Taco... though each applicant looked at indendepently, chances of getting denail with this situation is more...

Comment

Hi!

You can sponser your all three of them. My suggestion os don't get them all in one slot. Let your parents attend on one slot together and may be a couple weeks later your bro can go.

My friend sponsered his mom and sis the same way. Mom was granted but sis was denied. However a month later she got it on her second attempt.

Comment

Originally posted by taco
            I strongly suggest you leave your brother out. Anyway, young and single(I am assuming he is single) people going on a casual visit(your ceremony)
            are unlikely to get a visitor visa, even if he applied alone.
            So, he may spoil your parent's chances as well.
            On the other hand if your parents applied without him, he will act as a family tie for your parents to come back to.
            I think that taco makes some valid points regarding family ties.

However, do not be under the impression that young and single people going on casual visits dont get visas.

Im under 25, going on a casual vacation in the US, said so to the CO, and got a 10 Multiple entry B1/B2 without any fuss at all. I didnt bring or show any sponsorship documents, in fact I showed the CO no documents at all, other than the forms for the visa, and my passport.

I spent perhaps all of 5 minutes with the consular officer. My impression is that unless theres something about you that really sets their alarms off, they really dont bother you at all.

Remember, the thing with visas (at least for visitors) is, most people who ask for one, get it!

Of course, be polite, and dress smartly. That always helps.

IIRC I went in a collared T-shirt and slacks.... but that was in summer

Comment

Good News Guys

Thanks everyone.
              All of my family went to gether and got visas.
              CO asked detailed questions BUT actually hardly looked at the documents.
              I had sent financial documents in sealed envelope.

Comment

Congratulations.

Comment

Congratulation

Hi Sachida,

Congratulations for your bro getting his visa. Also, I do have a question, did he take any additional documents with him to show his non-immigrant intent for his interview.

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X