Help with Visitor Visa B2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Visitor Visa B2

Hi - I am an international student in Canada ( university of Western Ontario ) doing my masters in software engineering and I come from Pakistan holding a pakistani passport. This is my first semester here in Canada and i am planning on visiting U.S with my room mates and other people from my class to U.S for 5 days in february ( there is one week holidays ).

I wanted to know if i shall apply for the visit visa given that i am new to canada , How do i make my case stronger I have few cousins in U.S.A do i mention them in my application because i am not going to meet them at all.

Thank You

someone reply please its urgent

Someone reply please it is urgent

Comment

You can apply and try your luck but, nobody can expect the result. Because 50:50 chances are there.

You qualified for a student visa and entered in to Canada and need to complete the course in a couple of years and planned a short vacation with other mates is a positive thing.

On the other hand, you came to Canada very recently and not yed build any strong ties, moreover you have more relatives in the USA (if they are citizens, things will be more difficult)

You should not lie with VO or fill wrong information in DS160 form. Because if they come to know that you are lying, you won't get a visa even in future.

Nobody can tell you what exactly you have to do.
      Take a wise step according to your circumstances.

All the best.

This is my opinion, not a legal advice.

Comment

Hey thanks - yes this is the only issue i have i think i will just go ahead and see how it goes I am only going for 4,5 days so that part is covered i have paid my tution until may

Only confusion is with one cousin who is in newjersey he is not a citizen but he is my uncle's son , he i believe just got his green card or is in process . I fear if i mention him they will refuse it :| and if i don't mention i will be lying

Comment

and he is son of my mother's brother so i don't think he is counted as close relative who can sponsor me from immigration. The immihelp forum says i talk about close one's only if they are one's who can sponsor me etc

Comment

Close relative is in the USA or not is secondary, but what are your ties with a foreign country (Pakistan/Canada) that counts.

What about the status of other friends and when they got the visas?

Take copies of their passports and visas while attending the interview.

What is your travel history? have you been to any other countries previously?

Since US is close to Canada and very common to plan short trips by road, it should look natural to VO.

Anyways, you have 50% chances and can give a try but, don't get disappointed if rejected.

Good luck!

Last edited by Ideal sol; 01-25-2015, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Other friends are from France,Canada and Romania, most of them did not require a visa only romanian girl did and she already has her visa because i am not booking anything and waiting for the visa so it is possible that i might have to travel alone in the end as they are done with booking of plane tickets. I have only been once to Dubai and that is it. If rejected is it very bad ? or i can apply with equal chances when i have stronger ties with canada ?

Another query was ottawa has very small waiting time for interview but toronto has longer i am in london ontario so can i book appointment at ottawa instead of toronto is it ok ?

Comment

Originally posted by Faisal Fayyaz View Post
                Hi - I am an international student in Canada ( university of Western Ontario ) doing my masters in software engineering and I come from Pakistan holding a pakistani passport. This is my first semester here in Canada and i am planning on visiting U.S with my room mates and other people from my class to U.S for 5 days in february ( there is one week holidays ).

I wanted to know if i shall apply for the visit visa given that i am new to canada , How do i make my case stronger I have few cousins in U.S.A do i mention them in my application because i am not going to meet them at all.

Thank You
                Faisal, Please remember that B2-Type U.S Tourist Visa is purely a non-immigration visa. The B-2 visa is for travel that is recreational in nature, including tourism, visits with friends or relatives, medical treatment and activities of a fraternal, social or service nature.

If you apply for a B-2 visa, you must demonstrate to a consular officer that you qualify for a U.S. visa in accordance with the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). Section 214(b) of the INA presumes that every B-2 applicant is an intending immigrant. You must overcome this legal presumption by showing:
                • That the purpose of your trip to the United States is for a temporary visit, such as business, pleasure,
                or medical treatment.
                • That you plan to remain in the United States for a specific, limited period of time.
                • Evidence of funds to cover your expenses while in the United States.
                • That you have a residence outside the United States, as well as other binding social or economic ties, that will ensure
                your return abroad at the end of your visit.

Since, you are not applying from your actual country of residence i.e. Pakistan. Therefore, Consular officer may look at your specific intentions, family situation, and your long-range plans and prospects within your existing country of residence (Canada). Each case is examined individually and is accorded every consideration under the law.

I totally disagree with the impression if you have any your closed-relative or/and other-relative U.S citizen then it will be a difficult to approve your visa case. How come?? and what is the connection with your b-2 visa application??

Note: Every alien shall be presumed to be an "IMMIGRANT" until he establishes to the immigration officers, at the time of application for visa that he is entitled to a non immigrant status under section 101(a)(15)(B) subject to the purpose of visit to the United States is temporarily for pleasure.

Good Luck

Comment

The other member's version is 100% correct theoretically and as he mentioned, every case is different and will be assessed individually.

As per your situation, you don't have strong ties either in Pakistan or in Canada.

But, a short vacation to USA with friends or relatives is very common in Canada so, it appears so natural to VO.

I'm not sure what happens if you say that you are going alone.

You can always apply again in future with better ties, even your visa not approved this time.

Previous rejection won't effect on new application. Always there is a chance of approval, if your things changed and proved that you have strong ties to a foreign country.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Ideal sol View Post
                    The other member's version is 100% correct theoretically and as he mentioned, every case is different and will be assessed individually.

As per your situation, you don't have strong ties either in Pakistan or in Canada.

But, a short vacation to USA with friends or relatives is very common in Canada so, it appears so natural to VO.

I'm not sure what happens if you say that you are going alone.

You can always apply again in future with better ties, even your visa not approved this time.

Previous rejection won't effect on new application. Always there is a chance of approval, if your things changed and proved that you have strong ties to a foreign country.

Good luck

I would like to make this point "A short vacation to USA with friends or relatives is very common in Canada" more clear to explain that this is a situation where applicant is traveling in the Group. But, applying as an individual should be examined thoroughly under the same case and situation is different.

So, what I suggest you to find out a tourist group who is going to the USA for a short vacation and join them to get your chance more brighter.

Good Luck

Comment

This is not the place for arguments or debates. If someone differ with other's opinion or answer, he/ she can always express it directly.

But, satirical statements will not helpful or serve the purpose of advice seeker in any way.

I know personally many cases, who have strong social, economical and family ties to home country and demonstrated before the VO, but still couldn't qualfy for a B visa.

On the other hand, many applicants without satisfying the basic rules, got the visas and often people around them are surprised.

So, there are lots of other things play crucial role on approval/denial of B visa. Like: a genuine purpose, travel history, family history (if someone from the family stays in the USA illegally), criminal background etc....etc. and most importantly filling genuine information in DS160 and repeat the same at interview.

End of the day it's VO's discretion, whether approve the visa or not and another VO may differ with the opinion of previous VO some times.

So, nobody can expect what exactly will happen and it's just an opinion on the probability of approval/denial of visa.

I always try to give 'MY' best, only out of my knowledge and personal experiences. So, users are advised to take it as just opinion and act upon their own decisions.
                      Last edited by Ideal sol; 01-30-2015, 02:44 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X