No announcement yet.

Honeymoon in Hawaii with Visitor visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honeymoon in Hawaii with Visitor visa?

Hi, I have a wedding coming up in a month and I am very nervous about this whole visa situation.

We have made plans to honeymoon in Hawaii the day after our wedding but I am wondering if there will be any complications entering Hawaii due to the fact that I am a green card holder.

So I am a Canadian Citizen with a green card and my fiancé is a permanent resident in Canada. We plan on getting married in Canada and plan on flying out to Hawaii the day after the wedding for our honeymoon.

Now I am hearing that it is possible she could be denied entry to US? We plan on coming back to Canada after our honeymoon where she will wait for her green card.

Anyone have any suggestions or experiences on this matter?

When entering the U.S., if your new wife reports that she is now married to you, a U.S. Green Card holder, her U.S. entry could be interpreted as "intent to immigrate," and that could be a possible entry rejection.

--Ray B

Originally posted by eddykins View Post
    Hi, I have a wedding coming up in a month and I am very nervous about this whole visa situation.

We have made plans to honeymoon in Hawaii the day after our wedding but I am wondering if there will be any complications entering Hawaii due to the fact that I am a green card holder.

So I am a Canadian Citizen with a green card and my fiancé is a permanent resident in Canada. We plan on getting married in Canada and plan on flying out to Hawaii the day after the wedding for our honeymoon.

Now I am hearing that it is possible she could be denied entry to US? We plan on coming back to Canada after our honeymoon where she will wait for her green card.

Anyone have any suggestions or experiences on this matter?

Comment

Since you are in Canada, you may try to cross nearest border by road and fly to Hawaii from there, if they allow her.

This is my opinion, not a legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X