Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tourist visa for frelance Architect

Hello all,

I am a freelance Architect based in Mumbai. I want to visit NYC in this year as a tourist.
    I've been freelancing for 3 years now and as a result have a fluctuating bank account balance. I now have saved enough to visit NYC for 2 weeks both in bank account and in cash.
    My hesitation is that the Immigration officer will not see me fit in terms of my financials and deny me the visa, and ill lose my $160 fee also :'(
    Can I show my family's Fixed deposits as some sort of surety?
    I can get a employers letter from one of my associated offices as a proof of employment here, but it will not reflect in my bank account.
    I volunteer for an NGO in Mumbai, will a letter from them help in the process of getting an approval?
    Please help.

VO would expect following strong ties from the applicants in order to approve the B visa.

economical (A good job with decent salary ex:Rs:80,000 above or equal amount of income from the business)

family (spouse, children and dependents)

other ties ( properties, essets, good social status etc.)

A good travel history of abroad also helpful.

Generally they don't look into any documents but you have to be prepared to show them if they ask.

You have to fill DS160 genuinely and should be truthful to the VO by all means.

So assess your case based on the above information.

Good luck.

This is my opinion, not a legal advice.
    Last edited by Ideal sol; 01-30-2015, 07:45 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X