Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Documents need to be submitted at the counter

Hi,

My parents have visa appointment at chennai consulate on Dec 14th booked thru VFS.

I would like to know what are the documents they have to submit to the counter first.

According to my understanding they have to submit the following documents
    1. DS156,DS157
    2. HDFC Receipt(this has 2 copies one in pink color and one in white. which one they have to submit)
    3. Photo
    4. Passport

Apart from the above documents should they need to submit anything else.
    Also should they need to submit the sponsor documents sent by me in that counter or is it enough if they show that to the CO when asked.

Please clarify

Thanks & Regards
    Chandra

Hi!

Hi!
    Which counter do you mean? If you mean the interview counter i.e. where the Offcier decides on your visa, there is no order or definite documents the Offcier would ask. It's usually the ones you have stated hence keep them handy. Have the items you have listed on top of your other documents. Hand out the documents the offcier asks.

Comment

Hi,

In chennai consulate, we have counter oustide where they do document verification process.
      After that they have to stand in the queue.

So I would like to know what are the documents needs to be submitted in that counter.

Also apart from the DD for rs2,300 should we need to take any DD for passport dispatch??

Comment

Hi!

Hi!
        Well in Chennai Consulate the counter that you see outside(one visible to the road) theer they just check only for your passport and appointment letter. Just to check the appointment date, time and passport number.

Then you go inside and pay the TTS fees for courier (old system). I am not sure how it works with the VFS. I assume if you have paid the coruier charges along with the Rs4400/4600 then I don't think you have to pay anything again.

Then there is another counter inside where they basically check the documents. They ask for what they want. In my case I had gone for a renewal and they asked me for DS156, passport, DDs, Visa petition and Notice of Action (aprroval notice). Have heard for visitor Visa they check for passport, application forms, DD, Affidavit of support.

Then you go to the next building and thats where an Offcier will talk to you and decide if Visa is to be granted or not. There he will usually ask for passport, application form, affidavit of support. The officer may or may not ask for other documents depending on individual case.

Comment

sonujan & chandyj,

In this forum, it is mentioned that in the document verification counter, they collect application, dd, passport & some other documents and they would not give it back to you.
          In the next interview counter, the officer would have your submitted application, passport ready for interview. He may ask for some additional documents and grant/deny visa.

Comment

hi

hi
            when I was there no such thing happened. When u enter there is a counter where they did verify the docs BUT returned it to me back immediately. And then when I met the Officer I had to hand the documents he asked for.

Comment

sonujan,

you are correct. My in-laws had interview y'day.At documents verification counter, they returned the documents after verifying it. And then, my in-laws gave the documents to the CO at interview counter.

You are an excellant member in this forum.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi!

Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X