Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor B2 Visa Validity - Interesting

Hi Folks,

I discovered something interesting recently and wanted to share with the fellow members. I applied US tourist (B2) visa for our kids, my daughter is 4 years old and my son is 8 months. Me and my wife both have valid US B1/B2 visas and my wife's visa was issued recently in Jan'15 at New Delhi, though I have had US visa for many years and I've travelled many times on business and pleasure trips. My Wife was asked just two questions "Why do you want to go to US? (Ans: Accompanying my husband)" and "What does your husband do? (Ans: Works with XYZ)" and visa officer said your visa is approved. We applied for our kids visa through dropbox as both of them are minors.

Today I received my kids passports with US Visa Stamps and Surprise!!! They are 10 year multiple entry Visas for both of them. I was stunned, as I had never seen a minor being issued a 10 year visa despite the fact that my relatives families have many minors with US visas, but all of the visas are with 5 years validity. First, When I saw 10 year validity for my 8 months old son I started wondering whether it's an error but my daughter also was issued a 10 year visa which clearly infers no room for error.

I may be over-reacting and it is a possibility that other minors may have been issued 10 years validity, if so then please share your thoughts/experiences. I will also like to hear from parents whose minor kids were recently issued 5 year validity visitor visas. I am interested in knowing whether this change is recent or does even the validity of minors visas depends upon the individual circumstances.

My nephew and niece (15 and 12.5, respectively) both got 10-year multiple entry visitor visas last month.

Comment

It's common now a days and also depends on individual circumstances.

This is my opinion, not a legal advice.

Comment

I received back my 3 year olds son passport today and to my surprise B2 Visa is valid for 10 years.

Came online searching and landed on this thread. So its not uncommon and must be a recent change.

I gave copies of my and wife's B2 visa along.

Comment

Originally posted by amit2us View Post
          I received back my 3 year olds son passport today and to my surprise B2 Visa is valid for 10 years.

Came online searching and landed on this thread. So its not uncommon and must be a recent change.

I gave copies of my and wife's B2 visa along.

Hi,

Can you please tell me if they need any covering letters for kids visa.

Me my wife and my first kid already has B2 visas and applying for my second kid now who is 4 months old.

Please let me know what documents should be submitted to the dropbox.

Will the below documents be sufficient.

Wife passport copy
          Wife Visa copy
          My passport copy
          My visa copy

Comment

Originally posted by mohshar View Post
            Hi Folks,

I discovered something interesting recently and wanted to share with the fellow members. I applied US tourist (B2) visa for our kids, my daughter is 4 years old and my son is 8 months. Me and my wife both have valid US B1/B2 visas and my wife's visa was issued recently in Jan'15 at New Delhi, though I have had US visa for many years and I've travelled many times on business and pleasure trips. My Wife was asked just two questions "Why do you want to go to US? (Ans: Accompanying my husband)" and "What does your husband do? (Ans: Works with XYZ)" and visa officer said your visa is approved. We applied for our kids visa through dropbox as both of them are minors.
            Hi Mohshar,

Can you please tell me what documents to be submitted for dropbox.

Myself and my wife already have B2 visas.
            Applying for our kid via dropbox.

Please lte me know what documents should be provided and does any covering letter is needed?

-Kiran

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X