Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filipina Girlfriend Visiting with B2 Visa

Hey there,

I have several questions about my Filipina girlfriend visiting me here in the US with a B2 visa. Let me start with the details of our relationship. We met online, on an online dating app about 5 months ago. Since then, we have been talking every day, whether it be text, phone calls or video chat. I recently decided to get on a plane and meet her in person in the Philippines. We had 7 days together and it was amazing. We both agree that we want to be together, and that it would be best for her to move to the US (though much tougher). We have not know each other quite long enough to get married and aren't ready for the K1 Visa. We love each other, but 7 days together is not that much time. We want her to come visit me here for 6 months per the B2 visa, so we have a chance to see what living together will be like, and spending more time together. My question is this, I know it is very difficult for young women (we are both 24) to get the B2 visa, especially for Filipinos. I know she need to establish intent for return, she has a 2 year old son, but is not currently employed, not in school, does not own any property and has no money of her own. So will the fact that she has a child alone going to be good enough reason for intent to return to the Philippines to the interviewing officer? She also has her immediate family, mom dad brother and sister. She will not be bringing her son on the Visit and she would never abandon him, but I am not entirely sure they officer would see it that way (or would they?)

Secondly, I also know that B2 visa's that are with the intent of visiting a boyfriend almost always get denied, under the assumption they will marry and never leave the US. Any suggestions on getting approved? I know it is better to get denied than to lie to the consulate, but should she come right out and say she is coming to visit her boyfriend? She has an Aunt here, but we have already spoken to her, and she is not willing to write a letter of invitation and state she will support her during her stay (although I would be the one actually doing this). I will be "sponsoring" during her stay, as she does not have enough money for the trip, much less her expenses while she is here. So should we take our chances saying that she is coming to visit me, or should we just state that we are friends? I am lost on this, I really want her to come here, but I do not want to ruin her chances of permanent residence later on, or her being able to enter on the K1 visa when we finally do decide to get married, by lying this early on.

Please, any advice is appreciated. But I do want to state, I'd like advice ONLY about the Visa questions I have stated. I do not want anyones opinion on our relationship and the legitimacy of it, thats not why I am posting here, am posting to find out how I can get her here. Thank you in advance!!

Always tell the truth to the U.S. consular officer. That should be your guiding principle.

Given her situation, it is a steep hill to climb for the B2 visa. But you can have her apply and take your chances.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X