Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urgent : Please help : I-134 form for parents : sponsor on L-1 visa with per-diem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent : Please help : I-134 form for parents : sponsor on L-1 visa with per-diem

Hi All,

I work for a multinational company with departments both in India and USA. I am a full time employee of India entity.

I am in US on L-1 B Visa for a period of 1.5 years.

However, as per company policy, I am on continued payroll in India with a per-diem allowance of 50 dollars per day in US along with company provided fully furnished accommodation and medical insurance.

I want to sponsor B-2 Visa for my parents to visit US.

I have following questions related to Q-7 in I-134 form:

1) In the salary field, can I mention the figure after converting my Indian salary into approximate dollars and adding it to the daily allowance I get in US ?
    2) Can I show approximate dollar values of the assets I own in India for e.g. House, Car, Gold, etc. ?

Request all the fellow forum members to please guide me through this doubt.

Thanks for reading!
    Raj

You could convert currency into equivalent dollars.

However - I-134 is not as important as people think it is for the visitor visa and very likely it won't be asked or seen at the visa interview. What the applicants need to present is a funding source. If you are the funding source, the applicants should be prepared to answer questions pertaining to you. Such as:

1) The company where you work, your position at the company, nature of your work, how long you have been with the company, your education.
    2) Your income.
    3) Your visa status in the USA. How long you have been here, and so on.

- Send a letter to your parents inviting them to the USA. Keep it brief.
    - Have them carry a letter from you addressed to the consular officer saying you have invited them for a brief vacation, that you will be funding their entire trip. Keep it brief. Nobody has time to read epics.
    - Send them your bank statement and copies of the last 3 months' pay slips.

These documents will likely not be seen but they are always good to have as backup.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X