Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renewing parents B2 visa as 10 year visa is expiring

Hello,
    My Inlaws B2/Visitor visa is expiring in October. I would like to apply for renewal/New whichever is applicable and would like to understand the process.
    1) How soon can they apply since there is still 6 months left? Can they apply now?
    2) Is there a renewal or is it considered as new visa, similar to what was done 10 years ago?
    3) Do they need to appear personally or can the documents be sent via post without personal visit to consulate.?
    4) Can you point me to any webpage where this process is outlined?
    Thanks,

Hi

Refer to this

It answers your questions.

Comment

Originally posted by kingno1 View Post
      Hello,
      My Inlaws B2/Visitor visa is expiring in October. I would like to apply for renewal/New whichever is applicable and would like to understand the process.
      1) How soon can they apply since there is still 6 months left? Can they apply now?
      2) Is there a renewal or is it considered as new visa, similar to what was done 10 years ago?
      3) Do they need to appear personally or can the documents be sent via post without personal visit to consulate.?
      4) Can you point me to any webpage where this process is outlined?
      Thanks,
      Hello,

1. You can apply right away. I just did the same for my parents whose Visa was expiring August '15.
      2. It is considered a new Visa.
      3. If they had previously been finger printed then they can just use the drop box facility. If not, then they would need to go to OFC for finger printing (Appointment needed) and submit the documents there itself. Its should be pretty fast and simple from thereon. Surprising thing they did not take a single supporting document. All they needed was DS160 Confirmation page, Affidavit of Support and Passport and gave the visa.

Not sure about the exact links. Everything talks about Dropbox but for people with finger printing there is no detail documentation. I had to call the OFC help lines number and get the information. They were pretty helpful.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
      Imoh

Comment

documentation for OFC appointment?

Originally posted by irfanullah View Post
        Hello,

1. You can apply right away. I just did the same for my parents whose Visa was expiring August '15.
        2. It is considered a new Visa.
        3. If they had previously been finger printed then they can just use the drop box facility. If not, then they would need to go to OFC for finger printing (Appointment needed) and submit the documents there itself. Its should be pretty fast and simple from thereon. Surprising thing they did not take a single supporting document. All they needed was DS160 Confirmation page, Affidavit of Support and Passport and gave the visa.

Not sure about the exact links. Everything talks about Dropbox but for people with finger printing there is no detail documentation. I had to call the OFC help lines number and get the information. They were pretty helpful.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
        Imoh

my parents are going to OFC appointment for the reissue of visa under the visa waiver program . do they need all the documents with them?There is not much information about the visa waiver experiences..please help!!IMOH what extra information did u get from them?any information would be helpful.. thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X