B2 Visa Sponsor information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 Visa Sponsor information

The Immihelp site says I need a lot of different (and very sensitive) information, including income tax forms, to sponsor my friend's B2 Tourist Visa. However, the US Consulate told me this both on the phone and on their website, that I only need to provide an Affidavit of Support and the two invitation letters.

"Visa applicants must qualify on the basis of the applicant's residence and ties abroad, rather than assurances from U.S. family and friends. A letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support is not needed to apply for a nonimmigrant tourist visa. If you do choose to bring a letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support to your interview, please remember that it is not one of the factors that we use in determining whether to issue or deny a nonimmigrant tourist visa."

Why is Immihelp saying I need to give out such sensitive information as income tax forms when the US Consulate itself says I only need to provide the Affidavit of Support and the invitation letter to sponsor someone, and that even those are only marginally helpful in getting their application approved?

Originally posted by Carl Sweat IV View Post
    The Immihelp site says I need a lot of different (and very sensitive) information, including income tax forms, to sponsor my friend's B2 Tourist Visa. However, the US Consulate told me this both on the phone and on their website, that I only need to provide an Affidavit of Support and the two invitation letters.

"Visa applicants must qualify on the basis of the applicant's residence and ties abroad, rather than assurances from U.S. family and friends. A letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support is not needed to apply for a nonimmigrant tourist visa. If you do choose to bring a letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support to your interview, please remember that it is not one of the factors that we use in determining whether to issue or deny a nonimmigrant tourist visa."

Why is Immihelp saying I need to give out such sensitive information as income tax forms when the US Consulate itself says I only need to provide the Affidavit of Support and the invitation letter to sponsor someone, and that even those are only marginally helpful in getting their application approved?
    As per the quoted part in your post above, they are NOT asking for affidavit or invite letter. Not sure, why you are reading it otherwise. The documents mentioned in immihelp are intended to help you prove your ties to your current location and financial ability to pay for the trip. Asking for financial proof in terms of IT returns or payslips is a common practice for most visa applications and need not be considered "sensitive" for this purpose. they dont share it with anybody else.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X