student applying for b1 b2 visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• student applying for b1 b2 visa

hi everyone. i m a student applied fr b1 b2 visa to attend a symposium in university in u.s. my consular interview is in some days... please tell me about the documents neccesary to take there? what type of financial documents will be required. as my parents and my brother will be sponsoring the trip so financial documents will be according to that.. is it neccesary to show property documents? please guide me i am applying for the first time.... please its very urgent

Originally posted by parambajwa View Post
    hi everyone. i m a student applied fr b1 b2 visa to attend a symposium in university in u.s. my consular interview is in some days... please tell me about the documents neccesary to take there? what type of financial documents will be required. as my parents and my brother will be sponsoring the trip so financial documents will be according to that.. is it neccesary to show property documents? please guide me i am applying for the first time.... please its very urgent
    Forget property documents. They are useless and will not be seen. You must be prepared to tell the consular officer the source of your parents' and brothers' income, what it is that they do, and so on. Take a bank statement, passbook etc, letter of salary (if applicable) from their company, or if they are into business, some proof of that. Essentially, you have to present credible evidence that you have funding for the visit.

Comment

thankyou for replying... my father is retired from govt job and my brother is currently doing a govt job in india... so i can show their documents for financial support.. are original bank documents are required or photocopy can also work......?

Comment

Originally posted by parambajwa View Post
        thankyou for replying... my father is retired from govt job and my brother is currently doing a govt job in india... so i can show their documents for financial support.. are original bank documents are required or photocopy can also work......?
        Best to go with original bank documents. If your father is retired, the consular officer may have questions about how he is going to fund you - whether he receives a monthly pension, whether he has savings, and so on. As I said earlier, you have to be prepared with credible evidence of funding.

Comment

Originally posted by pb2au View Post
          Best to go with original bank documents. If your father is retired, the consular officer may have questions about how he is going to fund you - whether he receives a monthly pension, whether he has savings, and so on. As I said earlier, you have to be prepared with credible evidence of funding.
          my father has a fixed deposit in his name and my brother has liquid cash that i can show to consular.. hope this works besides i have all the it return related documents..... thankyou for your instant reply

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X