Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Traveling with expired visa and I-485 pending.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling with expired visa and I-485 pending.

Hello. I posted here because I can see it's the most popular topic and I need my answer rather quick to buy plane tickets.
    I have been in USA on J-1 visa 13 years ago and that expired half a year later. Since then I was without legal status in NYC and recently October 2014 got married. I filed paperwork 3 months later and was already on biometrics a month ago .
    I got so happy that I planned 2 trips for myself. 1 to Puerto Rico next month and 1 to Arizona and Utah canions .
    Is it safe for me to travel with my European passport without any visa (because it's recent) and I-797c form 'notice of action.
    I am asking because the areas I would like to go to I find to be of a higher risk of meeting ICE or border patrol.
    Thank you guys .
    Your answers will affect my summer trips largely.
    I got no criminal record nor felony and paid taxes on my real legal ssn. I may receive work permit soon and develop Id soon.
    D

I married a U.S. citizen forgot to mention .

Comment

Did you apply for advance parole with your i-485 apllications??? If u did not then you cant go to puerto rico, for utah you can go with any type of id, no need for visa or anything like that.

Comment

Originally posted by JPALMA123 View Post
        Did you apply for advance parole with your i-485 apllications??? If u did not then you cant go to puerto rico, for utah you can go with any type of id, no need for visa or anything like that.

I did not apply for advanced parole. Does it cost like 400$?
        I was researching the topic and found that just in case I should hold on to my paperwork. But I had better ask you guys in person.
        My bad would be if plane was forced to land in Dominicana republic. Then I would not be able to come back.
        How about Arizona? Are they more not friendly to immigrants ?
        Thank you guys so much.

Comment

Type in more comments, please.
          Time is of an essence and I don't have much essence .

Comment

Originally posted by JPALMA123 View Post
            I can't go to P rico without AP? its a state of USA as any other. just show ID and you are there.
            update is i come back home and there is a letter from USCIS informing that my work authorization was approved and sent in another mail. So it should be any day. with that I can develop NY state ID and feel more cozy but still it does not grant me any status or visa.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X