Need help with PArents and Brothers visa process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with PArents and Brothers visa process

Hi I am on H1b in US. My parents have visited me 2 times before for few weeks. Now their Visa has expired. Based on their details- they are eligible for Interview Waiver and they need to drop all documentations into a Stanley PO Box. My brother on the other hand has never been to US and his visa got rejected last time. So I thought that I will let my brother go for the interview normally and for my parents they can pursue their drop down option.

Another thing to note- that in DS 160- we answered that all 3 people are travelling together ( of course assuming all 3 get visa). I dont know if that was the smartest thing to do but I wanted to be as truthful as possible.

Now when I am compiling a documentation package for their visa process, I am stuck with few questions and would really appreciate some help and guidance.

Question 1- In the invitation letter and letter to consulate- I should still request and invite all 3 together correct ? Something tells me that if I mention my brother's name then perhaps the VO might even reject my parents visa renewal and ask them to appear for an interview since there is a 3 person involved, however I am also not comfortable omitting his name since in DS 160 all 3 were mentioned. So should I still create 1 invitation letter with all 3 names or wouldnt it be better if I create 2 letters - one for my parents and one for my brother ? What If VO sees my parents invitation letter and then compares with DS 160 and wonders where is the 3rd person ?

Question 2- Almost same as above- Should I fill 1 affidavit of support or 3 ? If 1 then i need to mention all 3 names right ?

Question 3- My family is well off so when they were filling DS 160 they mentioned they will pay for ticket themselves like always. However in my invitation letter etc the language says- i will take care of all their expenses including air fare. Does it matter or should i remove air fare from invitation letter? If the VO asks then they should still say that they are paying on their own correct ?

Traveling together is an irrelevant factor for normal adults. You have needlessly complicated matters.

- You should have first completed the visa renewal of your parents via the drop box option.

- Once your parents have their visas renewed you could then have had your brother apply by himself.

- The I-134 form of support has no legal standing for visitor visa and is almost never seen these days. One carries it only 'just in case.'

- If you and your family are well off, then you should stay out of it. Your brother can say his own funds or family funds will support his visit. If they are going to stay with you, send him a letter stating that.

- He will be asked questions about you - your visa status, how you first went to the U.S., your workplace, city of residence etc. he should know these details.

- He can be completely truthful regarding his travel with your parents during the visa interview. There is nothing to hide here.
    Last edited by pb2au; 04-15-2015, 08:05 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X