Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HIGHLY URGENT: NEED advice on B2(travel) visa

HI ALL,

First of all, thanks immihelp for this platform where we get to have and share different visa experiences.
    I NEED AN URGENT advice on B2 visa- I need to apply for B2 visa to travel to NewYork. Currently I am living in Dublin, Ireland on Student visa(Graduate Visa) and working as full time with HCL here from the past 7 months with an annual package of 19000 euros.
    I want to know how much fund I need to show the consulate? Although I get my pay every month but could never maintain a consistent amount in the account and I have recently transferred 2000 euros to my bank account with a total of 3000 euros as my bank balance as of now to show them. I would be applying for visa around 15th May 2015. Will that be a problem?
    I will be showing them my hotel accommodation documents and employment letter with the salary mentioned.

Guys, looking forward for some help. Please reply to this post as soon as possible.

Thanks a million in advance,
    singhshi.

There is no specified amount that one has to show. The overall picture you present on your DS-160 and to the consular officer at the interview should establish that -

(a) you are financially capable of supporting yourself during your entire visit. Naturally, the consulate will want evidence that you have a good and stable income/job and will want to take a look at your recent history on that front.

(b) you have sufficient ties to your home country that will compel your return home after a brief stay in the U.S. This is established in several ways. Every case is different and they look at the overall profile.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X