Working in a US company, I want to visit NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working in a US company, I want to visit NY

Hello everyone, first of all, thank you for the advices you give here.

So, I'm self employed in my country, and working legally with a contract in an US company. Our meetups are made both in Europe and North America. I attended only the european meetings until now, but this year I would like to take the opportunity and attend the North American one that will be held in Canada. And since Canada is so close, I would also like to make a dream come true and spend a few days in NY. What will be the best approach to apply for the interview? B1 or B2? With a letter of invitation or without? I have lots of evidence about my work contract, group photos about our meetings, two mortgages in my city, a car loan, salary documents and paid taxes, the origin of the salary is all in the bank and can be tracked to the US company.

If a letter is written, can you give me an example of a template that doesn't require sponsorship or too much trouble for the one that is writing it? I'll probably stay at some hotel or AirBNB and pay for everything by myself.

Thanks a ton!

You do not work for a US company, as your message title implies.

You have a client located in the US.

You want to visit the United States as a tourist.

It seems obvious that you need to apply for a tourist visa.

Am I missing something?

Comment

Yes, technically, they are my clients, since I write invoices on a monthly basis. Practically I am an employee.

The question was.. would it help if someone writes me an invite letter? and how should this letter look like if the person who writes it will not be involved in any way with my costs of travel.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogdan Valentin Oa View Post
        Yes, technically, they are my clients, since I write invoices on a monthly basis. Practically I am an employee.
        Your flexibility with the truth is going to get you in hot water with United States immigration authorities. Can you imagine talking to consular officers like that? They will describe your misstatements as an attempt to misrepresent yourself. They will brand you a liar, for which the threshold for forgiveness is very high.

I doubt anyone involved in the visa issuance process will even look at an invitation submitted as part of the tourist visa application packet.

They will give you a visa if they believe you will be compelled to leave the United States after you visit. Simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogdan Valentin Oa View Post

The question was.. would it help if someone writes me an invite letter? and how should this letter look like if the person who writes it will not be involved in any way with my costs of travel.
          You're not employee for company in US, unless you're receiving paycheck on regular basis as full-time employee & paying income tax to USA. Also, no employee send invoice to their company nor they plan to sponsor your visa. Unless, they plan to hire you full time and act as petitioner for your visa - you should plan to get visa through business or visitor route.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X