VFS Error: Moms Passport Number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFS Error: Moms Passport Number

Hello All: I paid the HDFC bank fees for my mom and dad, waited for quite some time for Chennai/NIV/Telugu appts, and found that my MOMs HDFC bar code is NOT working. I called VFS 2 days back and found that they made an error with my MOMs passport number (first letter alphabet). They acknowledged the error and said they will fix it in a day. They have NOT fixed it even after 2 days.

I see that Interview appts date are getting booked fast. I sent an email to VFS and chennai consulate; no response.

Should I go ahead and book the appt with the errored passport number?? This is being populated even in DS-156? or Should I wait for VFS to rectofy the error??

Please Advise!!!

Wait for VFS to correct error.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

vfs system will not accept the errored passport number. It has to be corrected before you make an appointment

Comment

VFS error corrected!

Thanks immihelp and visachief

vfs corrected my mom's passport number (first letter error), and I am able to take the chennai/NIV/Telugu appt online, along with my Dad's, as a family. vfs took 2 days to correct the error during which the interview dates moved past by a week from May 10th to May 15th. Vfs said they have to check with HDFC bank to determine the accuracy. HDFC bar code receipts got the right passport number first letter. I think the error is on VFS side and so they corrected it

writing this hoping it will benefit others..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X