Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need urgent help please.....in applying B2 (tourist visa) for my brother.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need urgent help please.....in applying B2 (tourist visa) for my brother.

Hi,

I need some advice and suggestions for my queries. My parents B2 visa will expire in another 10 months, so I am planning to apply to Renew their visa. At the same time I am also planning to apply for a B2 visa for the first time for my brother. My brother is 33 yrs old and not married. He is self employed. Myself and my husband are both US CITIZENS and we will be sponsorin for all 3 of them.
    My questions are:

1. My parents are eligible for Interview waiver program and so they just need an appointment for Biometric fingerprints. So is it a good idea to apply for biometric fingerprints my parents and my brother together on the same day and an Interview appointment just for my brother 2 days later? If I do so will it effect the renewal for my parents B2 visa?
    2. My brother is planning to travel to US in mid August (if B2 visa is approved ) for 1 or 2 months. So is it OK to apply for B2 visa in mid June and request the counslate officer to provide visa for 2 months from August?

Please provide some suggestions and advices on how to proceed in my situation.
    NOTE: Right now I came to India for a 3 month vacation and will be leaving to US in mid August. And planning to take my parents and my brother along with me.

Thanks,
    DG.

Each person's visa application is evaluated on its own merit.

For August travel, your brother can apply for the visa anytime now. Don't ask for "2 months" visa. That is up to the consular officer. If the visa is approved it will most likely be a 10 years visa.

The bigger challenge is to make a case for your brother. 33 years and unmarried are factors he has to overcome to convince the consular officer that he is going only for a temporary stay.

Comment

Need urgent help plsss...

Thanks much for the quick response. I really appreciate it.
      But I have 2 more questions. Please provide some suggestions.

1. My brother is planning to travel to US in mid August or mid september. So my question is if my brother's B2 visa is approved in mid June with a 2 Month validity then how can my brother travel in mid September as his visa will be expired by that time?

2. In DS160 there is a question where they ask the applicant about how many months they r intending to stay in US. So what answer should we fill in there?

Thanks,
      DG.

Comment

I expect that he will either get a 10 year multiple-entry visa, or no visa at all.

Comment

Originally posted by dg_2k4 View Post
          Thanks much for the quick response. I really appreciate it.
          But I have 2 more questions. Please provide some suggestions.

1. My brother is planning to travel to US in mid August or mid september. So my question is if my brother's B2 visa is approved in mid June with a 2 Month validity then how can my brother travel in mid September as his visa will be expired by that time?

2. In DS160 there is a question where they ask the applicant about how many months they r intending to stay in US. So what answer should we fill in there?

Thanks,
          DG.
          On [1] you should have no worries, as I have already mentioned earlier.

On [2] fill in whatever is the truth. Note that typically 6 months is the timeframe stamped by the immigration officer at the port of entry. Also, whatever you fill has to be consistent with the other information you provide. For example, if someone enters 4 months and is currently employed, it will provoke the consular officer into probing how he or she can get away from work for so long.

Comment

Thanks All very much for the information.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X