Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visit Visa duration reduced

Hi,

I entered US through Chicago yesterday and the immigration officer asked me why I was here etc. I gave all the answers but he didn't seem satisfied, so he said I am going to give you entry for 90 days and that is it. But where he has stamped my passport, it only mentions the arrival date and the other date (valid upto) isn't mentioned. Last time when I came, the officer stamped the arrival date and also wrote the date 6 months from then. Also, when I checked my online I-94 form today, it says that admit until date is 6 months from entry (and not 90 days as the officer said)! Now, I am confused, what should I do? I had my ticket booked for return on around 97 days, and I even told the officer that I have already booked but he said that he will only give me 90 days no matter what. But now, the I94 is saying something else (i.e 6 months) and the passport stamp also hasn't got any date mentioned (apart from the entry date).

What should I do? I am really puzzled.

Thanx

Go by whatever is mentioned in I-94 assuming he did not mention any other date in passport stamp. Normally passport stamp for entry validity date and I-94 date is supposed to match. In my opinion, he was just trying to get under your skin and check your reaction. I will go by whatever is mentioned in I-94. Make sure you always keep this I-94 copy incase someone raise question during future entries.

Comment

Originally posted by GC0102 View Post
      Go by whatever is mentioned in I-94 assuming he did not mention any other date in passport stamp. Normally passport stamp for entry validity date and I-94 date is supposed to match. In my opinion, he was just trying to get under your skin and check your reaction. I will go by whatever is mentioned in I-94. Make sure you always keep this I-94 copy incase someone raise question during future entries.
      Thanks alot. Should I go to an immigration (or borders & customs office or whoever deals with these issues) and ask them to stamp the date on my passport?
      Just to be safe. Because im worried if I overstay, it will be a big problem.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X