Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just started working and do not have 3 payslips

Hi,
    My wife is expecting and my company wants me to move to the US as soon as possible for urgent work on an L1B. Firstly,
    1. Will my wife being pregnant (6 months into pregnancy) be a problem to get an L1B VISA?

Secondly, since this is our first child and we have haven't the foggiest of what to expect, it would be great if my parents could come over when the baby is born. This could be sometime end of Sept 2015 and I will not have 3 payslips when I file for the Visitors VISA nor will I have filled my income tax in the US.
    1. Will this be an issue?

Thanks if advance.
    Regards,
    Shaunak

1) They don't really care. You will get your L-1B visa (or you won't) based on your merits. Your dependents get to tag along, assuming they have no history of violating criminal and immigration laws.

2) They don't really care. Your parents will get their B-2 visas (or they won't) based on their merits, which centers around their intent to return home, planning a limited time visit, having specific and realistic plans for their trip, and having made arrangements to defray the costs of their visit.

Comment

You cannot bring your parents on B2 to do baby-sitting and to help with household chores. That is considered work and not allowed under B2.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X