Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B-2 visa for brother, who is going to accompany me (F-1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B-2 visa for brother, who is going to accompany me (F-1)

Hi,

I`m going to the US to obtain MSc. I plan to enter the USA with my brother, I mean he is going to accompany me during my travel to the US. But he will stay 1-2 weeks with me and then come back.
    I have applied for F-1 visa and haven`t mentioned him as a Travel Companion.
    And he plans to apply for B-2 visa. I have several questions on this. I would be really really thankful to you guys, if you could help me.

1. What kind of documents does he need to present on the interview?
    2. a) How much money does he have to show in his account on the interview? How much is enough?
    b) Does it matter when he put that amount?
    c) Will it be a problem if he withdraws his money from his account later after showing it on the interview?
    3. In his application he mentioned me as a US point of contact while I`m not in the US, I haven`t even got a visa yet, is it okay?
    4. Does he have to show some kind of document to show that we are brothers?
    5. Is it okay if he attends the interview alone or I have to go with him?

Thank you very much in advance!

His B and your F visa applications are separate issues. Both will be judged separately on its merits. The fact that one visa is approved will not help improve the chances that the other visa will be approved. The fact that one visa is denied will not hurt the chances the other visa will be approved.

Most B and F visas are denied because the alien could not show strong enough ties to their homeland that they overcame the presumption that they are wannabe illegal aliens.
    If he is young, single, and earns only a modest salary, his chances of overcoming that first hurdle is very low to begin with. Most B visa applicants are denied before the consular officer even begins to ask about money in the bank and looks at bank statements.

I doubt he will be able to attend your interview, or you be able to attend his.

Comment

You need to elaborate his profile more to suggest any documents (like his age? what he do? married? any kids? who is taking care of his trip/expenses for US visit etc.)
      B2 visa is very complex - most of times visa is denied even before looking at documents. But, you still need to carry documents incase asked.

2. c) Will it be a problem if he withdraws his money from his account later after showing it on the interview?
      No problem, what you do with money after visa approval.

3. In his application he mentioned me as a US point of contact while I`m not in the US, I haven`t even got a visa yet, is it okay?
      Yes it is okay as long as you get visa approval before he go for interview.

4. Does he have to show some kind of document to show that we are brothers?
      Assuming you already have visa approval, I will suggest taking along your passport & visa copy.

5. Is it okay if he attends the interview alone or I have to go with him?
      They will never allow anyone to accompany him unless he has some health issue/ disable or your brother very old. He will needs to attend alone.

Again, his visitor visa approval or denial has nothing to do with your visa. It is something decided on each individual profile and strong ties to home country (often proved by job/business, marital status/ kids, properties, dependents in home country etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by GC0102 View Post
        You need to elaborate his profile more to suggest any documents (like his age? what he do? married? any kids? who is taking care of his trip/expenses for US visit etc.)
        His age is 27. He is married, no kids. He is employed.

Comment

Guys, should I write some kind of letter for my brother? But I think it is not acceptable since I`m not in the US and I`m not the US citizen, what do you think, guys?

Comment

Invitation letters carry very little weight with B-2 visa applications.

The most important factor in issuing a B-2 visa is the requirement that the consular officers find sufficiently strong ties, that serve as a strong inducement for the alien to depart the United States at the end of his visit.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X