Visitor Visa Rejected.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa Rejected.

My Parents went for a Visa on Jan 3rd and their visa application got rejected. It is very disappointing. I am in US for the last 8 years and this is the first time they were ready and interested in visiting us. When they were expecting a lot on this short trip their visa was rejected.

When there were so many posts about visa rejection, couldnt feel the pinch, now I know how difficult is it emotionally, when you spend so much of time preparing all the documents and they reject it with out knowing anything about the applicant. I have read many posts in immihelp that the consular officers are well knwoledgable persons, who can decide the intention of the applicants. But I fail to understand how without seeing any docs or
    asking any relevant questions they can determine the ties back home.

They didnt ask anything about the ties, the property they have, whether my father is retired, whether he is gettting pension etc. All they saw was DS-156 and my pay stubs

They asked my father,. how many children do you have for that he said 1 son and 2 daughters and both the daughters are in India and married.

No Other Questions, they gave the form with 214(b) - I am also hearing lot of stories that after 214(B) in the second attempt without any major changes in ties back people are getting visa, eventhough it is strange, is the consulate trying to reject couple of times and then give visa? I dont understand.

I am planning to apply again in May/June without any significant
    changes to the ties back home points..

Thanks to immihelp and the users who are sharing thier experiences. Can the immihelp admin create a sticky bit discussion about refusal and second/third time reapplication. I know there is a visa tracker but that doesnt help much, if there is a place people can discuss about how to increase the chances, it would be great.

Thanks,
    Kathir

Its always sad to see rejections... But what to do? Good luck with ur next attempt.

Comment

dont try to attempt too soon

A friendly advice do not try to attempt to get a visa too soon this was my parents history
      they visited in 2003 were here for 6 months and went back before their visa expiry sometime in oct 2004
      applied for a visitor visa again in april 2005 - got rejected due to 214B - reason was most probably because both siblings are present in the US and that the visit was too soon after the first visit. Time of interview 10 mins. no documents checked up nothing asked other than question about children.
      applied for a visitor visa 2nd attempt in nov 2004 - got a lady with a head scarf for the interview - grilled my parents for about 45 mins asking all kinds of questions for which a ready answer was provided along with documentation like India based tax papers, property, tax filings , income etc etc. All documents were examined by the officer. The visa was rejected at the end due to 214B.
      The second attempt was after 6 months of the first interview. Going too soon is just a waste of money , effor and gives the INS good easy way to make money for their anti-terror programs.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the reply. I saw few posts saying that without any change from the first attempt, they got visa in the second attempt within six months. I understand what you are saying, it is only a waste of money. But I am not sure, even if I wait for one year, there is nothing going to change from proving the ties back. I am planning to take another appointment in June - If there is anyone who got in the second attempt, pls share it. Thanks for sharing the details..

Immihelp Admin, Could you pls create a sticky for second attempts?

-Kathir

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X