Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa - B2 for someone who had a H1B

Hi,

I moved to the US in 2008 with a F1 visa. After my Masters I started working for a company on my OPT period and then they sponsored my H1B in 2011. In 2013 I took the decision to move back to India and stay with my parents. My friends in the US are getting married and they have sent me their wedding invite. I want to apply for a B2 visa so that I can attend their wedding. I am currently not employed and I am single unmarried female so I am not really sure how I can show ties back to my country. I do own some properties and agriculture land and currently living with my parents. I intend to sponsor the trip from my own savings.
    What are the documents that I need to show? How do I show them the intent to return back? I do intend to return back but I am not sure how to show it to them.
    Thank you in advance for all the help and feedback.

Hi,

I have very similar situation like yours. I'm planning to apply for B2 visa after living for 3 years in the USA on F1 and I only returned 4 months ago. From what I read you can show papers that you own property in your home country that you do not intend abandoning, show bank account statements, sponsorship letter if needed, invite from your friends stating that you won't stay in the U.S. and you will come back by certain date. You also may show lease contract for a year ahead for apartment if you rent one. Also do not book plane tickets cause it may show your too high confidence in getting a visa and will be regarded as pressure on an officer. Also do not lie on an interview, just tell them honestly why you going to Athens USA and your plans on what you are going to do when you come back.

Best of luck!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X