Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 VISA renewal - Dropbox - Hyderabad

Hello,
    My parents went for their Visitor VISA renewal today to Hyderabad. They had the VISA from 2005 and visited me 5 times in the US. They selected the dropbox option. They went for their fingerprinting today. They took a whole lot of documentation but the guy at the counter didn't take any of the documents - just the passport, photos etc.

Is that normal? They were told to expect when to pick the passport via SMS. Can someone please clarify the process and how long they should wait to receive the SMS?

Thank you.

Originally posted by raghuchaitanya View Post
    Hello,
    My parents went for their Visitor VISA renewal today to Hyderabad. They had the VISA from 2005 and visited me 5 times in the US. They selected the dropbox option. They went for their fingerprinting today. They took a whole lot of documentation but the guy at the counter didn't take any of the documents - just the passport, photos etc.

Is that normal? They were told to expect when to pick the passport via SMS. Can someone please clarify the process and how long they should wait to receive the SMS?

Thank you.
    Please do not worry as this is very normal for those who apply for a 2nd time visitor visa. Your parents will be intimated through an e mail/sms to collect the passports from where they had given finger prints/visa photos. (In my case I received an e mail) The intimation may come with in 3 to 7 days time.
    Your parents need to take original goverment issued photo id card/s along with a photo copy of the same for each of them when they go to collect the passports. If your mother can not go, then she needs to give an authorisation letter that her husband can collect her passport. She also needs to give original id card with a photo copy. Please ask them to check the passports whether visa is issued before leaving the counter.
    This is what happened to me in April 2015 when I went for the renewal of a visitor visa for the 2nd time.
    Good luck.

Comment

Thank you Ramabalaji. Just to clarify - when you went for your Visitor Visa renewal, they didn't ask for any additional documentation at the Dropbox pickup point? That is surprising that they didn't ask for ANY supporting documentation (no I-134 either, invitation letter etc). Will they start the review now and ask for additional documentation over the next few days before the VISA approval - I dont want any issues just because they didn't have "sufficient evidence" !

Thanks for the response again.

Originally posted by ramabalaji View Post
      Please do not worry as this is very normal for those who apply for a 2nd time visitor visa. Your parents will be intimated through an e mail/sms to collect the passports from where they had given finger prints/visa photos. (In my case I received an e mail) The intimation may come with in 3 to 7 days time.
      Your parents need to take original goverment issued photo id card/s along with a photo copy of the same for each of them when they go to collect the passports. If your mother can not go, then she needs to give an authorisation letter that her husband can collect her passport. She also needs to give original id card with a photo copy. Please ask them to check the passports whether visa is issued before leaving the counter.
      This is what happened to me in April 2015 when I went for the renewal of a visitor visa for the 2nd time.
      Good luck.

Comment

Thank you Ramabalaji. Just to clarify - when you went for your Visitor Visa renewal, they didn't ask for any additional documentation at the Dropbox pickup point? That is surprising that they didn't ask for ANY supporting documentation (no I-134 either, invitation letter etc). Will they start the review now and ask for additional documentation over the next few days before the VISA approval - I dont want any issues just because they didn't have "sufficient evidence" !

Thanks for the response again.
        Though I had taken all the papers with me nothing was asked. I went to OFC office in Delhi 15 minutes before the scheduled appointment. At the entrance, I was asked to show visa payment receipt, confirmation copy of DS 160 forms and the passports. The same was verified and sent in. Again in side the hall we were asked to show the same and once again cross checked and were asked to pick up numbers indicating our turn to go to the counter. When my number came on the board I went to the counter indicated. My wife went to another counter as per her no.
        After verifying once again I was asked to put 4 fingers of left hand without thumb on the scanner. Then the right hand and then left & tight thumb. Finally the visa photo. When handing over the passports we said our case was for a re issue. After every thing was over we were informed that we can collect the passports within 3 working days and we will be informed accordingly through a mail.
        Due to holidays in the 1st week of April, we got the mail on the 6th day and we collected the passports next day.
        Trust this answers all your doubts.

Comment

Thanks for the detailed response Ramabalaji. That definitely helps. Both my wife and I are US citizens and I am an only child. My parents have retired. So, I am a bit more paranoid but we'll see. Fingers crossed! Thanks again.

Though I had taken all the papers with me nothing was asked. I went to OFC office in Delhi 15 minutes before the scheduled appointment. At the entrance, I was asked to show visa payment receipt, confirmation copy of DS 160 forms and the passports. The same was verified and sent in. Again in side the hall we were asked to show the same and once again cross checked and were asked to pick up numbers indicating our turn to go to the counter. When my number came on the board I went to the counter indicated. My wife went to another counter as per her no.
          After verifying once again I was asked to put 4 fingers of left hand without thumb on the scanner. Then the right hand and then left & tight thumb. Finally the visa photo. When handing over the passports we said our case was for a re issue. After every thing was over we were informed that we can collect the passports within 3 working days and we will be informed accordingly through a mail.
          Due to holidays in the 1st week of April, we got the mail on the 6th day and we collected the passports next day.
          Trust this answers all your doubts.

Comment

Thanks for the detailed response Ramabalaji. That definitely helps. Both my wife and I are US citizens and I am an only child. My parents have retired. So, I am a bit more paranoid but we'll see. Fingers crossed! Thanks again.
            Please post once they got the 2nd visas. In our case, my son is the only one and he is a GC holder. Please have a good night sleep and welcome your parents once they get their 2nd visas. For your information, we are already in USA with our 2nd visitor visas.
            Good luck
            Last edited by ramabalaji; 07-22-2015, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the positive thoughts and kind words of encouragement Ramabalaji. My parents VISA was issued on Friday (checked online) and they received their email on Friday to pick up their passports. They went this morning to collect their passports and 10-year VISA.

The process was so straight-forward and easy. They didn't have to present any of the boatload of documents I provided to them.

Anyway, have fun with your son in US and thanks again.

QUOTE=ramabalaji;425827]Please post once they got the 2nd visas. In our case, my son is the only one and he is a GC holder. Please have a good night sleep and welcome your parents once they get their 2nd visas. For your information, we are already in USA with our 2nd visitor visas.
              Good luck[/QUOTE]

Comment

Parents B2 will be expired in June 2016

Hi All,

My parents B2 Visa is expiring in June 2016. They had the Visa for 10 years since 2015. They visited me twice during this period during my first stint in US. I am in US again in a different location though. Can anyone please let me know what is the procedure for extending the B2 Visa. Any link would really help which gives the step by step details along with the required set of document.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
                Santosh

Comment

Thanks for the positive thoughts and kind words of encouragement Ramabalaji. My parents VISA was issued on Friday (checked online) and they received their email on Friday to pick up their passports. They went this morning to collect their passports and 10-year VISA.

The process was so straight-forward and easy. They didn't have to present any of the boatload of documents I provided to them.

Anyway, have fun with your son in US and thanks again.

QUOTE=ramabalaji;425827]Please post once they got the 2nd visas. In our case, my son is the only one and he is a GC holder. Please have a good night sleep and welcome your parents once they get their 2nd visas. For your information, we are already in USA with our 2nd visitor visas.
                  Good luck
                  [/QUOTE]

Hi Raghu,

My parents Visa is going to expire in Jun 2016. they are in India now. Can you please let me know the procedure/process /document required for extension.

Comment

Hi Raghu,

My parents Visa is going to expire in Jun 2016. they are in India now. Can you please let me know the procedure/process /document required for extension.[/QUOTE]

There is no extension. You may start filling DS 160 forms in the 1st week of June 2016 and follow the instructions given. Stanley will be generated which facilitates to make cash payment in any one of the 3 assigned banks. I paid in AXIS bank. After receiving payment, the bank will give you a receipt which has a number that you need to fill in to take an appointment in OFC who are the facilitator.
                    Your parents need to to go to OFC on the appointed day with DS 160 confirmation pages for both parents, Bank money receipt etc. They do not need any supporting documents as you did in the first visa case.
                    After verifying the documents, your parents will be asked to give finger prints, thumb impressions and photo for visa. After this your parents will be advised through an e mail or sms to visit OFC to collect the passports. In OFC, they should mention that their case is a re issue of visa.
                    Sine, June 2016 is very far off, you please wait as things may change in between.
                    Best wishes.

Comment

Hi Raghu,

My parents Visa is going to expire in Jun 2016. they are in India now. Can you please let me know the procedure/process /document required for extension.
                      There is no extension. You may start filling DS 160 forms in the 1st week of June 2016 and follow the instructions given. Stanley will be generated which facilitates to make cash payment in any one of the 3 assigned banks. I paid in AXIS bank. After receiving payment, the bank will give you a receipt which has a number that you need to fill in to take an appointment in OFC who are the facilitator.
                      Your parents need to to go to OFC on the appointed day with DS 160 confirmation pages for both parents, Bank money receipt etc. They do not need any supporting documents as you did in the first visa case.
                      After verifying the documents, your parents will be asked to give finger prints, thumb impressions and photo for visa. After this your parents will be advised through an e mail or sms to visit OFC to collect the passports. In OFC, they should mention that their case is a re issue of visa.
                      Sine, June 2016 is very far off, you please wait as things may change in between.
                      Best wishes.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot for the inputs

Comment

Hi Raghu,

Best wishes.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!! I had some more Q. I plan to get them to US in the month of April 2016. So can I start the visa process in Jan-Feb 2016?
                        Whats the earliest they can start the processing?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X