X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa Rejected for window mom and handicapped brother

Hi,

Desperately need help!!

I have been trying to get my widowed mom, 68 yrs and my handicapped brother, 37 yrs to USA on visitor's visa.

- The first time they applied was during mu convocation back in February 2011 It was rejected without any reason being provided. I had an honorary scholarship for my Masters program in engineering and also had a letter from University. VO asked them the reason for their visit; my mom mentioned they wanted to visit to attend my convocation. Rejected!
    - The second time, my mom decided to apply alone (without my brother) and indicated that she was traveling to US through tours and travels and also plans to visit me. The VO asked her what all places she plans to visit. She named a few cities in US. Then the VO asked her about relatives, she again mentioned about me. This was in April 2011, rejected!
    - The third time, my brother and my mom both applied together for a tourist visa in August 2014. During this time, I had actually moved back and was working in India (June 2013 to Sept 2014). We mentioned that she is visiting my cousin (who is an American citizen). VO did not ask her for any documents. He just inquired when and how they are going. Rejected!

I came back to USA in Oct 2014 and have been working here on H1 status. I am 28 yrs old and planning to get married in USA itself. I want my mom and brother to visit for the occasion. My mom has been retired since 10 years but is still actively working by taking tuitions, writing and publishing articles/stories in regional language and English. My brother works as an assistant in a construction company office.

This would be 4th time for my mom and 3rd time for my brother for applying US visa. I want to be ultra cautious and make sure all grounds are covered.

Would appreciate any help/suggestions/recommendations.

Thanks,
    AV

"I believe the reason for the denied visa is weak ties.. I would assume you only have 1 sibling, correct? So on your moms case she has you here in states, and your brother in india. Same goes to your brother if he is single. And that is something that cant be changed. Your mom could ask the VO the reason for rejection, they always give answers if asked. They dont care whatever the reason for visiting is. Might as well travel to other big countries first. "

- - - Updated - - -

"Or just wait until you can petition your mom"

Comment

Any update??

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X