No announcement yet.

How to help foreign girlfriend get a B-2 tourist visa? I am a J-1 PhD Student

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to help foreign girlfriend get a B-2 tourist visa? I am a J-1 PhD Student

I am a foreign PhD student at Wharton and would like to help my girlfriend getting a B-2 visa in order for her to visit me a couple of weeks.

I was thinking of an invitation letter and/or a I-134.

She is 23 so she really can't prove she has a lot of connections to her country.

Should I do the invitation letter and/or the I-134?

Should I or she mention our romantic relationship?

Thanks

Originally posted by Alex12345 View Post
    I am a foreign PhD student at Wharton and would like to help my girlfriend getting a B-2 visa in order for her to visit me a couple of weeks.

She is 23 so she really can't prove she has a lot of connections to her country.

Thanks
    Sure. Feel free to send her an invitation letter. Also feel free to do the I-134 - though let's be honest, being as you are a student . . . what kind of financial support can you provide? Share the ramen with her ?

She will qualify, or not, on her own merits - and if she doesn't have a lot of connections to her country (working, studying, family, etc) - slim chance of being approved. It'll depend on her country of citizenship too - regrettable as it may be, citizens of some countries are known to be more prone to lying (and becoming illegal immigrants) than others.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex12345 View Post

Thanks
      There is no help you can provide - she needs to get a tourist visa on her own merit. It will come down to her citizenship and whether / how often she's demonstrated leaving the country and coming back. It's best to have visited some other countries first. Romantic relationship in US will likely not help the case.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X