Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J-1 to B2 whilst on a roadtrip

Hey,
    I am currently on a J1 visa in the US working at a summer camp which ends on the 18th of August, with my grace period ending on the 18th of September. After camp ends me and a friend are traveling across the US on a road trip and I want to extend my stay until early October, is it likely I'll be granted an extension with the i-539 with this reason? I want to travel comfortably and have the funds to allow me to do this but don't want to apply and change my flights if it is likely to fail. Also as I'll be traveling I won't have a fixed address so if they mail me after the 18th of August I won't get it so would this be a problem? Would they be likely to send details/documents quicker due to this? I'm going to ring up the help centre tomorrow to ask but if anyone has had nay similar experience to this I would love to hear!

Thanks for any help you guys can give me/suggestions/experiences you have.

- Sam

As long as your I-539 is approved or if you leave before it is denied, you would be in legal status in the US.

You will have to specify some address. Make sure that you can collect mail there. There may be a provision to get that mail forwarded to you wherever you are.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X