10 year B2 cancelled, advice please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 year B2 cancelled, advice please!

Hello, I have some questions about a cancelled visa - any advice would be greatly appreciated! My girlfriend is Thai, and was on a 10 year B2 visa. She visited The States 4 times, over a period of 5 years. On her last visit, there was some confusion with her required date of departure, and she overstayed her allowed 6 months by 2 days. Her visa was subsequently cancelled.

She was originally granted this visa to come and visit her sister, who is married to a wealthy American man, who could very easily sponsor and provide for her. They attempted 4 times before her visa was granted. Her sister and I would both love for her to be here, and we're trying to determine the best way to go about re-applying for a new visitor visa. We have only been together about 6 months, so I'm hesitant to apply for a fiance visa. I'd really like her to come back and meet my family before we take things further.

Here are some of my questions:
    • I will be visiting her in October. I am an American citizen, have a decent job (six figures), and can easily sponsor her. Should I? Or is it better for her family to be the sponsor, and keep the boyfriend out of the equation entirely?
    • Will it help for me to be at the interview in person? Or is it better for her to qualify on her own?
    • How negatively will a rejection effect her future attempts? If it's no big deal, I can try in October, and her family can try again in December.
    • How big of a deal is this two-day overstay? Will this be a big hurdle to overcome?
    • Aside from the usual documents, is there anything that could help her chances? (Apology letter from her family, as the overstay was their fault, etc)
    • Is there anyone I can contact, in America, or in Thailand, who could help us, or provide more information (embassies, senators, lawyers, etc)?

Thank you all very much for any advice you can provide. She was really devastated when they cancelled her visa over a two day mistake. Hopefully we can make this right!

Shaun

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X