Re entry to USA for a third time in a year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re entry to USA for a third time in a year

Good Day! I have a B1/B2 visa and planning to enter USA for the 3rd time. Is there be a problem in my point of entry? Last April i entered at NYC and NJ in July. I plan to enter again this coming October at CA. Hope to hear from you soon.

Anybody has an answer?

Comment

Re entry to USA for a third time in a year

They are looking for frequency of visits and duration of stays. If the previous 2 visits were not for long periods of time, it should be fine. However, after this visit in October, I would try and wait awhile before coming in again.

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Please suggest.

Originally posted by Trinity71 View Post
        They are looking for frequency of visits and duration of stays. If the previous 2 visits were not for long periods of time, it should be fine. However, after this visit in October, I would try and wait awhile before coming in again.

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.
        Awhile as in how long? Do you have any suggestions? I have visited the US 3 times since April, stayed for 3 weeks each time. I had no issues whatsoever except the third time when the officer asked me a few questions regarding my finances, travel plans and let me in.

I am planning to visit this December for Christmas, New Years for another 2-3 weeks. This visit would be after a gap of 4 months. I plan on having my return ticket, bank statement, enrollment in college outside the US. Please suggest.

Do you know anyone who's travelled more than 3 times within a year's period?

Comment

Originally posted by xanadu View Post
          Awhile as in how long? Do you have any suggestions? I have visited the US 3 times since April, stayed for 3 weeks each time. I had no issues whatsoever except the third time when the officer asked me a few questions regarding my finances, travel plans and let me in.

I am planning to visit this December for Christmas, New Years for another 2-3 weeks. This visit would be after a gap of 4 months. I plan on having my return ticket, bank statement, enrollment in college outside the US. Please suggest.

Do you know anyone who's travelled more than 3 times within a year's period?

There is no exact guide as to what an officer may determine to be too often or too long. Since all of your visits have been less than a month, there will have been a 4 months since your last visit and people usually do travel and visit around the holidays, I think you will be fine. But someone visiting here more than a couple times a year starts to bring notice. That's why you were asked questions on your third entry. No one can know for sure, but again, I think the shorter visits help.

Comment

Originally posted by Trinity71 View Post
            There is no exact guide as to what an officer may determine to be too often or too long. Since all of your visits have been less than a month, there will have been a 4 months since your last visit and people usually do travel and visit around the holidays, I think you will be fine. But someone visiting here more than a couple times a year starts to bring notice. That's why you were asked questions on your third entry. No one can know for sure, but again, I think the shorter visits help.

Thanks Trinity71.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X