B2 Visa interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 Visa interview

For B2 Visa interview what are all the documents that should be presented directly to the interviewer and what are all the documents that should be presented when asked by the interviewer?

There is no such specific rule.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Originally posted by namnit View Post
      For B2 Visa interview what are all the documents that should be presented directly to the interviewer and what are all the documents that should be presented when asked by the interviewer?
      As already stated there are no specifics when it comes to documents you may have in your possession at the time of the interview. Crucially it will be what you say that counts the most i.e. The intention of your visit, plans, people you may be visiting etc.
      What they want to know is if you intend to stay beyond the permitted duration allowed (under visa waiver ESTA it's 3 months and no longer than 6 months under a tourist visa).

Having documents to prove that you will return to your own country such as job ties, property,family etc will strengthen your case that you will be going back. Note that it dies not mean the interviewing officer will even bother to look at these but I would suggest it shows that at the very least you are prepared if they ask you questions.

Documents such as proof of property ownership (mortgage statement), rental agreement if you rent,job details if you have employment all help. I also took my bank statement to prove I had funds to cover my trip (this was the only document the officer in my case looked at)

Ps mention that you have documents when in conversation but don't thrust any of them under their noses. They may take it you are trying to distract them. Practice a conversation before you go in to handle the type of things they may ask you as again I point out they will listening to you rather than looking at you or your documents. If everything you say is above board then you have nothing to be concerned about.
      Hope that helps a bit.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X