Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• query regarding duration of stay question at POE

Hi All members,

My parents got their visitor visa for 10 years. I am planning to get them here for six months, however i had mentioned duration as only 2 months in DS-160, so will there be a problem if they tell the duration of stay as 6 months at POE. Please help as my parents will be travelling soon

Also will the CBP officer have access to DS 160 or intreview details at the consulate.

Regards,

Can i please get some feedback here as this is really urgent concern for me. requesting all members to help on this

Comment

Your parents can ask for six months when they arrive at Port of Entry. It's up to the interviewing officer.

--Ray B

Originally posted by singhma3 View Post
      Hi All members,

My parents got their visitor visa for 10 years. I am planning to get them here for six months, however i had mentioned duration as only 2 months in DS-160, so will there be a problem if they tell the duration of stay as 6 months at POE. Please help as my parents will be travelling soon

Also will the CBP officer have access to DS 160 or intreview details at the consulate.

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
        Your parents can ask for six months when they arrive at Port of Entry. It's up to the interviewing officer.

--Ray B
        Thanks for your quick response. My only concern is if they ask for more months it will be like conflicting with the DS 160 they had filled. So is it ok assuming that the officer might have access to DS 160 or does the officer not have access to DS160

Comment

It's a moot point, as having access to her DS-160 doesn't mean that the interviewing officer is going to research her application with 50 other visitors standing behind her.

You're concerned about something over which you have no control.

--Ray B

Thanks for your quick response. My only concern is if they ask for more months it will be like conflicting with the DS 160 they had filled. So is it ok assuming that the officer might have access to DS 160 or does the officer not have access to DS160

Comment

It's a moot point, as having access to her DS-160 doesn't mean that the interviewing officer is going to research her application with 50 other visitors standing behind her.

You're concerned about something over which you have no control.

--Ray B
            Thanks again, so i am just going to inform my parents to tell their duration of stay as 6 months.

Comment

It doesn't work that way. The agent will likely be prepared to give them a "3-month" allowable stay. But before he does that, they need to REQUEST a 6-month stay.

--Ray B

Thanks again, so i am just going to inform my parents to tell their duration of stay as 6 months.

Comment

--Ray B
                I just want to know if the maximum stay now is 3 months. I have travelled thrice in the preceding three years and each time I was stamped six months stay. It was besides the point that on each of my visits I stayed for maximum of about a month only. Just wondering if it has become three months now

Comment

It depends on the officer and your past history of visits.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Otnip View Post
                  I just want to know if the maximum stay now is 3 months. I have travelled thrice in the preceding three years and each time I was stamped six months stay. It was besides the point that on each of my visits I stayed for maximum of about a month only. Just wondering if it has become three months now

Comment

It depends on the officer and your past history of visits.

--Ray B
                    I have to say it does make me rather nervous at the thought that the allowable time is 3 months only. Not sure why the US embassy told me that the maximum stay allowed was 6 months if POE are inclined to only give entrance for 3 months in the first place.
                    Was easier for me and less expensive to use an ESTA if that is the case.

Can they make me change my flights to an earlier time or just send me back on my way without letting me in at all?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X