Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourist Visa

Hello Friends,
    My name is Jeff and a Green Card holder, living in USA. I am about to marry a girl who is a foreign citizen living in South East Asia in a couple of months. I need some advice here.
    My questions are:

1. After I get married to her, am thinking of getting her a Tourist Visa and present to the US Embassy's consular of our marriage certificate, sponsor from me in USA along with my company sponsor. Our based reason to seek of this visa is Honeymoon. Would this case present an issue to the consular? She is working as a Financial analyst and planning to return home.

2. Eventually, I would sponsor her Greencard and am aware of the length of waiting period to sponsor his/ her spouse of Green card holder, it may take up to 5 years. For example: She got her Tourist Visa this year and I am applying for her Green Card mid of 2016, Can she still legally use her Valid Tourist Visa to enter and stay in USA for the length of permitted stay by the US Immigration officers at the airport? What if I change her status to F-1 ( Student Visa) next year, does it consider as Visa Fraud after I submit the Green card application?

Thank you very much,

Jeff

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X