Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applying B2 visa for parents together or single-single application one after other

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying B2 visa for parents together or single-single application one after other

Hi,

My wife is pregnant (Due on Jan 20, 2016). I wanted my mom only to visit US to help us during this.

I was just thinking to apply for both my mom and dad US B2 visa though my dad is not planning to visit with my mom. Just so that both can get visa together and my dad then does not need to worry for VISA in future.

What you suggest? I still want to make sure that my mom get visa. Will their any impact like my dad will not visa in any case and hence they will not grant my mom visa as well.

In joint application, Do I need to enter my mom details as dependent of my dad? In this case, is that true, that primary applicant visa denied, dependent visa will also be denied?

Should I apply for both or only for my mom at this point as per my requirement. If there is any chances of mom visa cancellation due to joint application, I will go with my mom only. Please suggest.

Originally posted by ketanprajapati88 View Post
    Hi,

My wife is pregnant (Due on Jan 20, 2016). I wanted my mom only to visit US to help us during this.

I was just thinking to apply for both my mom and dad US B2 visa though my dad is not planning to visit with my mom. Just so that both can get visa together and my dad then does not need to worry for VISA in future.

What you suggest? I still want to make sure that my mom get visa. Will their any impact like my dad will not visa in any case and hence they will not grant my mom visa as well.

In joint application, Do I need to enter my mom details as dependent of my dad? In this case, is that true, that primary applicant visa denied, dependent visa will also be denied?

Should I apply for both or only for my mom at this point as per my requirement. If there is any chances of mom visa cancellation due to joint application, I will go with my mom only. Please suggest.

Please reply.

Comment

It is advisable to apply for both of them rather than your mother first and then your father. If you apply for your mother only, the Visa Officer is likely to ask what your father is doing and why he is not applying. I have many posts on this.
      Once both get the visas, it is upto the individual to travel alone or together.

Comment

Originally posted by ramabalaji View Post
        It is advisable to apply for both of them rather than your mother first and then your father. If you apply for your mother only, the Visa Officer is likely to ask what your father is doing and why he is not applying. I have many posts on this.
        Once both get the visas, it is upto the individual to travel alone or together.

Thanks Rama balaji!

In applying for both of them, I have few more questions.
        1. If I sponsor both of them, how much bank balance I need to show in my account?
        2. If I put them as a self sponsor, how much they need to show?
        3. I want my mom visa granted as she is only travelling here. so when I take appointment together for both of them, Do I need to keep my mom as a primary ? Though my mom is not earning, she is dependent on my dad. As my Dad is earning, Is that mandatory that I need to make him primary and add my mom as family person when taking appointment. Also Can't I put my mom as first and then add father as family number ? Is this matters?

Comment

Thanks Rama balaji!

In applying for both of them, I have few more questions.
          1. If I sponsor both of them, how much bank balance I need to show in my account?
          2. If I put them as a self sponsor, how much they need to show?
          3. I want my mom visa granted as she is only travelling here. so when I take appointment together for both of them, Do I need to keep my mom as a primary ? Though my mom is not earning, she is dependent on my dad. As my Dad is earning, Is that mandatory that I need to make him primary and add my mom as family person when taking appointment. Also Can't I put my mom as first and then add father as family number ? Is this matters?
          1. I do not know how much bank balance needs to be shown but it must cover their travel expences, stay and sight seeing.
          2. This is the best option and they should have properties, family ties like your father/mother parents alive and they need to be looked after etc. Here also I am not sure how much they should show.
          3. If you project your mother as primary candidate, then you are exposing your self that your mother is needed rather than dad. This will create a doubt on the mind of the visa officer. Show father as primary. Is your father still in service?

Comment

1. I do not know how much bank balance needs to be shown but it must cover their travel expences, stay and sight seeing.
            2. This is the best option and they should have properties, family ties like your father/mother parents alive and they need to be looked after etc. Here also I am not sure how much they should show.
            3. If you project your mother as primary candidate, then you are exposing your self that your mother is needed rather than dad. This will create a doubt on the mind of the visa officer. Show father as primary. Is your father still in service?
            Hi, Thanks again for answer.

1. I may need to figure this out as most probably I will write my self as sponsor. It has been only 1 month here in US I have been on L1, Will this create any issue in their visa?

3. Yes my father is in service.

Please reply as soon as possible. Your help is appreciated.

Comment

Hi, Thanks again for answer.

1. I may need to figure this out as most probably I will write my self as sponsor. It has been only 1 month here in US I have been on L1, Will this create any issue in their visa?

3. Yes my father is in service.

Please reply as soon as possible. Your help is appreciated.
              Since you are there only 1 month on L1 visa, will you be able to show around 25000 dollars as bank balance? I doubt about it. I would suggest your father self sponsor the visa as he is working and will be able to show sufficient fund.

Comment

Since you are there only 1 month on L1 visa, will you be able to show around 25000 dollars as bank balance? I doubt about it. I would suggest your father self sponsor the visa as he is working and will be able to show sufficient fund.

Yes, that is true. So if father self sponsor the visa, how much balance they need to so? When father sponsor, it means sponsoring for both him and my mom.

Also, if they sponsor them selves, they include air trip charge, tourism charge, shopping , right ? Do they need to show balance for they stay because they will be staying at my home only?

Please reply.

Comment

Yes, that is true. So if father self sponsor the visa, how much balance they need to so? When father sponsor, it means sponsoring for both him and my mom.

Also, if they sponsor them selves, they include air trip charge, tourism charge, shopping , right ? Do they need to show balance for they stay because they will be staying at my home only?

Please reply.
                  In most of the cases the visa officer is not looking the figure you furnish. What he looks for is weather a person will return to his home country after his US visit. To prove that he /she will return one shows the property, bank balance, old parents who depend on them etc. That is one should show his/her ties in own country. I hope now it is clear.

Comment

In most of the cases the visa officer is not looking the figure you furnish. What he looks for is weather a person will return to his home country after his US visit. To prove that he /she will return one shows the property, bank balance, old parents who depend on them etc. That is one should show his/her ties in own country. I hope now it is clear.
                    Hi,
                    I think, let me do one thing, go with only my mom visa as I feel account balance in either way will be an issue for me.

In a single person, what you think, If I sponsor, how much $, I need to show as bank account ?

Also, as I am only here since 1 month, I will not have Income tax documents in US, will they create any issue?

I can show letter of employment, bank balance, bank statement, that's it.

Please suggest.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X