Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VISA for transgender person in Argentina

I am a transgender ( male to female ) .

I obtained a tourist US visa back in 2012 when I was still presenting myself as a male. Now, I am a female transexual. My name and gender marker have been legally changed in my home country. I also have a new passport with my new name and sex.

Now, I am planning to travel to the USA soon.. But I need to know how to get the visa re-printed and re-stamped on my passport.

Please note that the VISA I obtained in 2012 is valid for 10 years. It is still valid but I can't use it any more.

I have been trying to contact the Consulate in Argentina but they don't answer phone calls. What can I do? Any guess?

You need a new visa, since so much information about you has change since your first U.S. visa. You can ask for a recertification, but that may end up being more of a hassle.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Luciana Rodriguez View Post
    I am a transgender ( male to female ) .

I obtained a tourist US visa back in 2012 when I was still presenting myself as a male. Now, I am a female transexual. My name and gender marker have been legally changed in my home country. I also have a new passport with my new name and sex.

Now, I am planning to travel to the USA soon.. But I need to know how to get the visa re-printed and re-stamped on my passport.

Please note that the VISA I obtained in 2012 is valid for 10 years. It is still valid but I can't use it any more.

I have been trying to contact the Consulate in Argentina but they don't answer phone calls. What can I do? Any guess?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X