Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B2 Visa for Mother In-Law. Failed 3 times already!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 Visa for Mother In-Law. Failed 3 times already!

We have been trying to get a B2 Visa for my mother in law for the past year now in hopes that she can visit her daughter(my wife) and our newborn son (her grandson). No luck she failed 3 times so far. She lives in Hangzhou and is applying and interviewing at the Shanghai consulate. Any advice would be appreciated.

Here's the situation:
    - In 2014. Applied for joint visa for Mother and Father in law. My wife helped fill out the visa application. Both failed at interview. No reasons given. No questions asked. My wife was not a US Citizen. They were to pay for the trip themselves.

-In Spring 2015. Applied for visa for Mother in law. Provided an invitation letter from us to visit grandson and sightsee in San Francisco. She was to pay for trip herself. Interviewer asked if her daughter was a US Citizen. My wife was not a US Citizen.

- November 2015. Applied for visa for Mother in law. I sponsored her financially. My wife IS a US Citizen now. Failed interview. She mentioned saying that she wanted to visit her daughter and grandson.

I feel it is important to note that she has never travelled outside of China. Her passport is clean. We are thinking about trying again next year but have been urging her to take a vacation to anywhere outside of China first just so she can prove that she is able to leave her country and come back. Let me know if there are extra details that may help.

Any advice. I'm reading that filing both the mom and dad as joint is better. I'll probably try that next time.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X