Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to Become US citizen while having a B-2 Visa

Hi,

Many of my family are here in the U.S., but I am a resident of another country. I have a B-2 Visa and an associate degree with 11 years of work experience in business management. I have financial means to become a student which I am completely OK with, and I have an associate who is starting up a small business (but currently with little income and no financial means to sponsor me and likely this will be true for many years).

I am trying to figure out the best path to U.S. Citizenship given these parameters. Any advice on best/easiest path would be extremely appreciated.

Best way to Become US citizen while having a B-2 Visa

Originally posted by Treelover View Post
    Hi,

Many of my family are here in the U.S., but I am a resident of another country. I have a B-2 Visa and an associate degree with 11 years of work experience in business management. I have financial means to become a student which I am completely OK with, and I have an associate who is starting up a small business (but currently with little income and no financial means to sponsor me and likely this will be true for many years).

I am trying to figure out the best path to U.S. Citizenship given these parameters. Any advice on best/easiest path would be extremely appreciated.
    I think the first problem is the title of this thread: Best way to Become US citizen while having a B-2 Visa

A B2 visa is issued for visiting and tourism.... not for becoming a U.S. citizen. I am sure in the application you filled out for the B2, no where did it ask you nor did you mention trying to become a U.S. citizen. So basically by intentionally trying your attempting to commit fraud.

The best path is coming here legally. So you may have an option to do so depending on what you meant by family being here.

I am not sure if that means illegally or legally, but if they are here legally and you mean immediate family members like mother,father, sister, brother, there is the possibility of a family based greencard. It will depend on several different factors. You can find information with this link I found. You may find it helpful.

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X